EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever - a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Senior Big Data Engineer. Scroll down to learn more about the position's responsibilities and requirements.
Our final client is a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. They create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology.
We're looking for great people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It's a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best.
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join a new team responsible to build a streaming platform from scratch. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, quality and uptime. If you are someone who gets excited with sub-millisecond service response time and building fault-tolerant systems, then this is a great role for you.
- Work with the team to build a streaming platform from scratch
- Create and maintain data pipelines and warehouses systems to power the best user experience through effective data processing
- Work on building out the core backend services used to support the Hulu experience
- Contribute to the design, architecture, and development of critical backend services
- Build highly scalable and available systems that are well tested and maintainable
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve product and business requirements
- Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong background and experience with streaming and big data tools and technologies such as Flink, Samza, Spark, Hadoop, Storm and Kafka Streams
- Experience with data model design and data warehouse
- Strong experience with Java 8 or above
- Experience with Spring Framework, specially Spring Boot
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Extensive experience building highly scalable, reliable and maintainable services
- Extensive experience working with large scale distributed data processing
- Excellent English communication skills and problem solving approach
- Experience with Amazon Kinesis and EMR