Senior Big Data Engineer
- Kharkiv, Ukraine
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world's leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of more than 41,150 EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers think creatively and lead with passion and honesty. Our people are the source of our success. We value collaboration, work in partnership with our customers, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's market conditions, we're supporting operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you will live on the front lines of the products we create, and build features used by millions of people every day.
Our project is about migrating data from several sources: PostgresDB, MongoDB, AWS Cloud Watch and Salesforce to Google Cloud Platform (GCP). The main goal is to develop a generic platform for future integration in various regions, now focus on the UK region. And the final goal is to provide the ability to create specific custom reports and analytics for users.
Project technologies and tools
- Cloud Storage (GCS)
- Apache Beam SDK (Java 8)
- Cloud Composer / Apache Airflow
- Looker (analog of Tableau)
- Other GCP services used in the project: Cloud Load Balancing, Compute Engine, Cloud FireStore, Data Loss, Cloud IAM, Monitoring, Key Management Service, Error Reporting, Loggin
- Customer communication
- Solution architecture design
- Feature development
- PoC development
- Requirements clarification
- Other interaction with the customer development team
- 3+ years of experience in Java or Python
- Experience with HIVE, Spark will be a plus
- Experience with Apache Hadoop will be a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours
Learn more about EPAM in Ukraine
Back to top