Project Manager (Digital)
- Tokyo, Japan
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
EPAM is looking to recruit a high calibre individual to the role of Project Manager (Digital), to join our Digital Engagement team. This candidate should have the mind-set of a product owner and the previous experience of a business analyst.
The ideal candidate will have a breadth of experience in delivering transformational digital solutions to some of APAC's largest organisations. The right person will have an excellent mix of technical, consulting and business knowledge, able to influence key decision makers and take the role of trusted advisor in any account.
The role is to lead the EPAM delivery, consult on solutions and build client relationships. This role will be accountable for the overall account delivery, client satisfaction and management of expectations while developing a 'trusted partner' status, that considers strategy, culture, timelines and budgets. You will be working alongside globally renowned and award-wining design, development and technology teams who are passionate about what they do and how they do it. To play a key role building strong business / technology relationships, taking a 'hands on' approach to define and deliver, embodying and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
What You'll Do
- The primary responsibility of the position is managing delivery of multiple complex end to end digital transformation projects across various clients within Japan
- Operate in a consultative role working within the account leadership team to understand opportunities and develop a trusted relationship with the clients' leadership teams
- Experienced technology partner who is able to suggest innovative solutions to business/ process problems that leverage technology to provide differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sales activities, drive time pressured preparation of customer proposals (including various models, such as fixed capacity, time and materials, fixed-price), define the implementation and design for the solution, present the proposed solution architecture to the customer and the statements of work from delivery perspective
- Hands-on delivery management experience covering the full project initiation and life cycle: lead management, qualification for the bid/ financing, drive solutioning and staffing, client management, delivery and execution governance. Accountable for overall delivery including financial, sourcing, development and business perspectives
- Hands-on business analysis experience covering Driving requirements gathering process during project's initiation; Driving project kick-off in terms of baselining the scope, Set up Business Analysis process from scratch; Responsible for scope management / changing management process during solution implementation
- Run multiple delivery streams and clients, to ensure governance at top management level and conduct governance project meetings and identify successful and unsuccessful project factors and gaps
- Lead implementation of the solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Manage customer expectations and relationship. Manage senior level client relationships, looking for opportunities to up/ cross-sell products and services through relationship management
- Work closely with multi-disciplined teams of product owners, architects, engineers and quality assurance to drive estimates, delivery plans and retrospectives. Identify and manage engagement risks and flag major issues early
- Hands-on management of delivery stream along with management & growth of a team of Technology Delivery Managers - providing coaching, mentoring and development support to drive up delivery capability across the department
- Experience in building delivery teams and solutions. Proven experience in driving scalable enterprise initiatives
- Proven experience in driving large-scale transformational initiatives, ideally initiatives in large enterprises impacting both organizational and technological components of an organization
- Significant hands-on agile experience, able to define and implement agile processes in complex customer and stakeholder environments and significant experience of delivering agile projects at scale
- Previous experience extracting and gathering requirements and understanding how they translate into solutions
- Experience with presales, contracting & management under multiple commercial models including T&M, FP and managed output / outcome
- Experience in building and leading geographically distributed delivery teams, including experience in working with customer's distributed team and defining right target operating model
- Excellent communication, presentation, and planning skills are necessary, experience with working with nearshore teams preferable
- Expected to have exceptional organization, leadership, and stakeholder management skills
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or equivalent business experience preferred
- Self-motivated, flexible, multitasking, reliable to deliver on time, a quick-thinker, be able to work in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Japanese is required, JLPT N1-N2
- Experience working both within a Japanese company and overseas is a plus
- Experience working within a technology or digital design agency is a plus
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule
- Online training library, mentoring, career development and potential partial grant of certification
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Referral bonuses
- Compensation for sick leave and paid time off
- Opportunities for self-realization
Back to top