EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager in Tokyo to make the team stronger.
Value the individuals - We encourage and motivate people to grow. We perceive our people as a source of our success;
Strive for excellence - We strive for the highest standards of excellence and continuously learn. We take pride in our engineering and accomplishments;
Act as a team - We treat one another with respect and encourage the best ideas to come from anywhere within the organization. We value our diversity;
Focus on Customers - We build long term customer relationships, as we strive to always understand our customers' business and needs;
Act with integrity - We operate legally, honestly and ethically. We take responsibility for our actions.
- The primary responsibility of the position is managing delivery of multiple complex end to end digital transformation projects across various clients in the region
- Operate in a consultative role working within the account leadership team to understand opportunities and develop a trusted relationship with the clients' leadership teams
- Experienced technology partner who is able to suggest innovative solutions to business/ process problems that leverage technology to provide differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sales activities, drive time pressured preparation of customer proposals (including various models, such as fixed capacity, time and materials, fixed-price), define the implementation and design for the solution, present the proposed solution architecture to the customer and the statements of work from delivery perspective
- Hands-on delivery management experience covering the full project initiation and life cycle: lead management, qualification for the bid/ financing, drive solutioning and staffing, client management, delivery and execution governance. Accountable for overall delivery including financial, sourcing, development and business perspectives
- Run multiple delivery streams and clients, to ensure governance at top management level and conduct governance project meetings and identify successful and unsuccessful project factors and gaps
- Lead implementation of the solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Manage customer expectations and relationship. Manage senior level client relationships, looking for opportunities to up/ cross-sell products and services through relationship management
- Work closely with multi-disciplined teams of product owners, architects, engineers and quality assurance to drive estimates, delivery plans and retrospectives. Identify and manage engagement risks and flag major issues early
- Hands-on management of delivery stream along with management & growth of a team of Technology Delivery Managers - providing coaching, mentoring and development support to drive up delivery capability across the department
- Experience in building delivery teams and solutions. Proven experience in driving scalable enterprise initiatives
- Proven experience in driving large-scale transformational initiatives, ideally initiatives in large enterprises impacting both organizational and technological components of an organization
- Significant agile practitioner experience, able to define and implement agile processes in complex customer and stakeholder environments and significant experience of delivering agile projects at scale
- Experience with presales, contracting & management under multiple commercial models including T&M, FP and managed output / outcome
- Experience in building and leading geographically distributed delivery teams, including experience in working with customer's distributed team and defining right target operating model
- Excellent communication, presentation, and planning skills are necessary, experience with working with nearshore teams preferable
- Expected to have exceptional organization, leadership, and stakeholder management skills
- Self-motivated, flexible, multitasking, reliable to deliver on time, a quick-thinker, be able to work in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial work environment
- Unique opportunity to work for challenging projects in a multinational team
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Free English classes and unlimited self-service trainings
- Friendly team and creative atmosphere
- Flexible working schedule
- Corporate and social events