Since 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM) has leveraged its advanced software engineering heritage to become the foremost global digital transformation services provider - leading the industry in digital and physical product development and digital platform engineering services. Through its innovative strategy; integrated advisory, consulting and design capabilities; and unique 'Engineering DNA,' EPAM's globally deployed hybrid teams help make the future real for clients and communities around the world by powering better enterprise, education and health platforms that connect people, optimize experiences, and improve people's lives. Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 40 countries across five continents.
As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies and in 2020, Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm.
EPAM Systems is looking for a Permanent Principal Technology Consultant with a Financial Services background to join our FS Practice.
You will lead on large scale client projects across a wide array of technologies and business domains with modern software architecture and Agile implementation at the forefront.
This is a great opportunity to work with EPAM's senior global tech leaders where you will have the opportunity to help grow the practice in the UK.
You will work on existing/new client projects, help to engage new clients as well as leading wider technical teams who are aligned to key projects.
The role requires a strong background in consulting, architecture and software development, building client relationship, customer engagement and stakeholder management resulting in new wins and increased footprint in strategic accounts.
- Lead the elaboration and implementation of solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Provide Technology Consulting services across different Financial Services domains and technology solutions
- Provide leadership and governance across Architecture, Technology, Strategy, IT Organizational Change Management
- Build credibility with clients in a specific domain - either new or existing
- Identify new business opportunities and craft relevant solutions
- Formulate and present the overall technology business case in relation to the overall business strategy
- Share network and knowledge both within the UK Technology Consultancy Practice and with other EPAM Consultants globally
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities
- In the future, it is likely you will work with several clients and split time between Epam office and client's location (Covid travel permitting)
- Industry visionary and avid technologist at heart
- A senior proven leader who can lead a Technology Consulting capability
- Excellent customer facing skills, combined with a consultative, problem solving approach
- Excellent commercial awareness, business acumen and budget management
- Strong experience in leading and delivering technology streams for large scale complex transformation projects
- Ability to act as hands-on technology lead in the client project delivery, part of Epam delivery team
- Excellent understanding of major functional capabilities across Financial Services as well as common platform solutions leveraged by Financial Services Institutions, including but not limited to:
- Retail / Investment Banking / Asset Management / Wealth Management / Payments
- Ability to execute and lead on rapid conceptual designs, proof-of-concepts and client presentation
- Contribute to the growth of the Technology Consultancy practice within Epam and promotion to the clients and market
- You will be responsible for hiring, team growth and management of your team efforts outside of their commercial delivery efforts
- Well-versed in development of Enterprise and Solution Architecture, including governance, business drivers, technology and change management
- Strong experience of technology support for complex transformations using enterprise Agile delivery methods and frameworks, e.g. SAFe, DAD, LESS or other enterprise frameworks
- Deep understanding of architecture qualities such as: security, scalability, resiliency and availability in high performance low latency systems
- Experience migrating, modernising, integrating legacy platform in large enterprises
- Experience designing enterprise services or integration capabilities using REST APIs and event-driven technology
- Experience designing applications and technology solution leveraging native Cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Excellent documentation, presentation and communication skills
- Technical leadership in large multi-component, multi-team, multi-location projects
- Travel flexibility as the role will involve some degree of travel within UK and Europe as things get back to normal
- Any recognitions from industry bodies with regards to relevant FS domain, technology, or delivery frameworks and methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, FS qualifications, SAFe etc) will constitute an advantage
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period