Since 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM) has leveraged its advanced software engineering heritage to become the foremost global digital transformation services provider - leading the industry in digital and physical product development and digital platform engineering services.
Through its innovative strategy; integrated advisory, consulting, and design capabilities; and unique 'Engineering DNA,' EPAM's globally deployed hybrid teams help make the future real for clients and communities around the world by powering better enterprise, education and health platforms that connect people, optimize experiences, and improve people's lives. In 2021, EPAM was added to the S&P 500 and included among the list of Forbes Global 2000 companies.
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 45 countries across five continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm.
If you're a skilled Solution Architect with experience in retail, looking for a new exciting opportunity that may lead to a delivery role, this might be the perfect position for you!
EPAM is looking for a number of cross-domain hands-on Order Management Systems (Fluent Commerce) Solution Architect in London, Newcastle or Liverpool to strengthen our business in London.
Working with cross-functional distributed teams here at EPAM and those aligned to our customer, you will work as a trusted advisor to key business and technology stakeholders.
Our Solution Architects must have the ability to engage in open discussions with stakeholders, identify their issues, and communicate solutions.
We are using Agile methodologies and delivering innovative solutions based on industry and technology best practices.
- You will be aligned to multi-channel retailer client of ours where we are undertaking a large omnichannel eCommerce re-platforming programme for them. Part of this will be to replace the capabilities for the enterprise inventory and order management platform which is currently managed by a combination of ATG Fulfillers and DAI ERP
- As a Solution Architect, you will work in an EPAM and the client teams for the discovery and definition phase
- The scope for definition is to gather requirements, understand the baseline architecture and capabilities, assist RFP process for vendor selection and create a target architecture as part of an HLD document
- It is very likely that this will lead to a delivery role post the discovery and definition phase
- Providing expert consultancy to assist clients with their overall eCommerce strategy, designs and delivery programmes
- Help clients get more out of their existing eCommerce channel, identifying the best eCommerce technologies and services based on client needs, constraints and strategies
- Working with the delivery teams in large complex programmes
- Taking an active leadership role on key capability development, knowledge management and research exercises across the community and mentoring less experienced members
- Strong experience with Sterling Order Management Systems working as a Solution Architect
- Ideally good experience in Retail (B2B/B2C)
- Able to work very well with multi-layered and multi-disciplinary teams based in different location
- Ideally has a good understanding of supply chain, logistics and fulfilment and what order management looks like in a truly omnichannel multi-country environment
- Good understanding of Application, Information and Infrastructure Architectures
- Extensive experience in the following Technology areas - Web Technologies, API management, Java/EE Technologies , Design Patterns , Application Server, JS frameworks, eCommerce platforms (e.g. ATG, Hybris Commerce platform, SF Commerce Cloud, Big Commerce, Commerce Tools)
- Data modelling and extension to support custom business objects
- Integration with external Payment Processors and understanding of related concepts such as hosted payment pages, direct API integration, and tokenization
- Extension of commerce sub-systems such as promotions, pricing, inventory, and customer service
- Various integrations with CDN, social media (Facebook, LinkedIn) and customer experience analysis solutions (Google Analytics, Bazaarvoice), etc
- Experience in integrating systems together to form an enterprise solution using appropriate middleware solutions
- Experience in design and delivery of API, Microservice and Service Oriented Architectures and software development processes such as RUP (Rational Unified Process) and Agile (inc. SAFE)
- Excellent communication & influencing skills with proven ability to lead teams and deliver innovative, but realistic solutions to complex client problems
- Proficient at communicating strategies, policies and complex technical issues to both business and technical audiences
- Ability to develop productive client relationships at different management levels and identify and develop opportunities for new business
- Flexible to travel when the market allows to meet different clients and potentially European travel if needed
- Will possess the ability to clearly articulate the pros and cons of technology choices and solution design decisions and to construct and present rational options to clients and prospective clients on the options they have
- Excellent verbal and written communications and presentation skills
- Comfortable when presenting to a senior audience
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period