Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world's leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
Our client is the US's largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable, and transparent installment loans.
We are looking for Cloud and Database experts that will help companies migrate database workloads to the cloud while modernizing applications and existing architectures.
With the increasing demand of modernization and cloud native solutions, many organizations are migrating to the cloud for greater agility, security, and scalability.
The Cloud DB Migration practice is handling projects of assessing Oracle and MS SQL server databases to determine migration complexity and build a migration plans to Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
EPAM has a first-of-its-kind assessment tool that helps companies analyze database environments and generate a visual cloud migration roadmap to accelerate database migration to the cloud.
It helps identify the best migration path for each database. Using sophisticated scoring logic to rank databases according to complexity, assesses databases on configuration, schema, business logic and proprietary database features and identifies potential migration challenges and suggests appropriate workarounds.
The tool dynamically analyzes and compares source databases for support and compatibility with multiple cloud-native, PaaS-based and IaaS-based targets - such as Cloud SQL, Aurora, RDS, EC2, PostgreSQL and MySQL - and automates database migration assessments and source database discovery.
Besides databases and cloud, we are automating our tasks as much as possible using Python, this helps us get more value to the customers with short timelines.
By joining our team you will be able to get great expertise with Clouds technologies and process automation.
Also, you will have a chance to face very complicated projects and work in collaboration across teams with very different technical skills.
- Review, analyze and document existing database architecture and infrastructure
- Recommend best practices and optimal technical approaches for modernizing a legacy database system including upgrades, re-architecture, infrastructure, schema design and data modeling, data migration, real-time replication
- Support build and release processes for multiple
- Security, SQL injection prevention
- Performance tuning (DB and PL/SQL)
- Demonstrate strategic and tactical capability to have an impact on challenging teams balancing short-term results with a sustained push towards turnaround of medium to long-term team performance
- 4+ year' experience as a hands-on MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL production Database Administrator
- Some cloud experience AWS/GCP/Azure (one of these is enough)
- Extensive expertise with writing PL/SQL or T/SQL code for applications
- Expert level proficiency in database architecture, configuration, stored procedures, queries and development
- Proficiency in designing and implementing Large Scale HA/DR Environments
- Hands-on experience with legacy migration and modernization aspects of database engineering
- Excellent understanding of general database design and development
- Experience with very large databases and/or data warehousing
- Proficiency with fundamental RDBMS principles, database design and data modeling
- Ability to work within large improvement initiatives and projects
- Proven ability to systematically analyze and resolve technical problems
- Ability to generate new ideas and innovative solutions
- Focused attitude to work, with the ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring excellent attention to detail & high levels of accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include proven report writing & presentation skills
- Intermediate or higher English level, both spoken and written (B1+)
- Experience in cross-DB migration (Oracle -> PostgreSQL, MS SQL -> PostgreSQL, Oracle -> MySQL)
- Python scripting
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours