EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
We consider candidates for full-time remote work for this position.
As a Lead Java Engineer, you will live on the front lines of the products we create, and build features used by millions of people every day. You will be responsible for developing micro-services in Java/Spring Boot.
The client is a global healthcare ISV and one of the top Electronic Medical Record (EMR) vendors.
They have a multi-year program to reimagine and re-platform their legacy application suite as a SaaS based solution using modern technologies and frameworks deployed on AWS cloud.
Project technologies and tools
- Client flagship product today is a Win32/64 based application that is hosted on premise, either by the client or their customers. The application UI consists of a mix of embedded components written in C++/C#/Java/Web technologies. Prior to moving the whole application to a fully web-based SaaS model on AWS, the UI components will be incrementally converted to a modern web stack. The client uses their own web application development framework built on React and Ruby on Rails. Backend services are written in C++ and Java and currently being converted to REST-based microservices written in Java Spring Boot. The application uses Oracle as the backend database
- Deep knowledge and 4+ years of practical experience in Java and JEE
- Experience with Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Cloud, and/or Spring Cloud Streams
- Experience designing and developing microservices architecture solutions
- Experience with relational databases and NoSQL databases, especially Oracle
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, especially using Concourse CI or Jenkins
- Experience with AWS not required but highly desired
- Experience with OSS Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, or Pivotal Web Services is a big plus
- Good spoken and written English
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours