EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
No less important is the safety, well-being, and experience of our applicants. Therefore, until further notice, all EPAM employment interviews will be conducted remotely. Our recruitment professionals and hiring managers are standing by to ensure a robust and engaging virtual candidate experience. We look forward to speaking with you!
We are looking for a Lead Data Software Engineer to join our team in Hungary.
Learn more about our Data Practice here .
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable and optimized data pipelines with state-of-the-art monitoring and logging practices
- Bring together large, complex, and sparse data sets to meet functional and non-functional business requirements and use a variety of languages, tools, and frameworks to marry data
- Design and implement data tools for analytics and data scientist team members to help them in building, optimizing, and tuning of use cases
- Implement fast-paced proof-of-concept projects: work with product and engineering teams to understand requirements, evaluate new features and architecture to help drive decisions
- Evaluate pioneering tools in Cloud / on premise / Hybrid setup
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing quality technical solution
- Build collaborative partnerships with architects and key individuals within other functional groups
- Actively participate in code review and test solutions to ensure it meets best practice specifications
- Build and foster a high-performance engineering culture, mentor team members and provide team with the tools and motivation
- Proficiency with Apache Spark & [Java or Python] & SQL
- Solid Cloud experience with a leading cloud provider (AWS/Azure/GCP): Storage; Compute; Networking; Identity and Security; NoSQL; RDBMS and Cubes; Big Data Processing; Queues and Stream Processing; Serverless; Data Analysis and Visualization; ML as a service (SageMaker; Tensorflow)
- Wide experience in analysis, design, implementation, deployment as well as troubleshooting and rebuilding distributed Linux based platforms and Big Data solutions on premises and in Cloud
- Engineering experience and practice in Data Management, Data Storage, Data Visualization, Disaster Recovery, Integration, Operation, Security
- Strong experience building data ingestion pipelines (simulating Extract, Transform, Load workload), Data Warehouse or Database architecture
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles and best practices
- Relevant experience with version control and code review
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Permanent job with remote work opportunity
- Widespread training and development opportunities, language courses, soft-skill trainings
- Vast opportunities for self-development, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, GAL trainings
- Multilingual work environment
- Competitive salary and benefit packages (private health care, sportcard, fringe benefits)
- International projects, working in hybrid teams with high-skilled peers
- Sport and social teams support, advanced CSR programs