EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
The remote option applies only to the Candidates who will be working from any location in Poland.
We are currently looking for Lead Data Engineer to join Data Practice team and work with EPAM strategic clients. We are supporting Employment Contract or B2B, depending on your preferences.
As Lead Data Engineer you will be building data systems and applications to support decision making. You will focus on developing and maintaining data pipelines in public clouds like AWS, Azure or GCP. You will be participating in data migration from on-premise to public clouds and building components for central enterprise data platforms.
This position will require advanced technical depth and experience, technical leadership, and multi-faceted communication skills.
- Contributing to the success of our customer projects
- Lead and coach team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for growth
- Build data platform solutions in Clouds
- Development of data pipelines and migration of data
- Design and implementation of new business requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of direct experience working in Enterprise Data Platforms technologies
- Experience in managing small and mid-size teams using Agile methodology
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP) as well as with on prem data technologies
- Experience in data acquisition (API calls/FTP downloads), ETL, transformation/normalization (from raw to DB table schema structure), storage (Raw files, Database server), distribution & access (Entitlements for users, build of API's and access points for data)
- Proficient in ETL/ELT process
- Experience building components for central data platforms for enterprise use (data warehouses, Operational Data Stores, Access layers with APIs, file extracts, user queries)
- Hands-on experience with SQL, Python, Spark, Kafka
- Excellent communicator
- Team & working conditions:
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Engineering community of industry's professionals
- Flexible schedule and opportunity to work remotely
- Relocation within our offices
- Corporate and social events
- Benefits package (health insurance, multisport, shopping vouchers)
- Stable income:
- Employment Contract or B2B
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Participation in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral bonuses
- Career development:
- Innovative solutions delivery and engineering excellence
- Outstanding career roadmap
- Leadership development, career advising, soft skills and well-being programs
- Certification (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, Get Abstract, O'Reilly, Cloud Guru
- Language classes on English and Polish for foreigners
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted