Lead Big Data Engineer
- Odessa, Ukraine
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world's leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of more than 41,150 EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers think creatively and lead with passion and honesty. Our people are the source of our success. We value collaboration, work in partnership with our customers, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's market conditions, we're supporting operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
The client is a global healthcare ISV and one of the top Electronic Medical Record (EMR) vendors. They have a multi-year program to reimagine and re-platform their legacy application suite as a SaaS-based solution using modern technologies and frameworks deployed on AWS cloud.
Search system built with multiple modules and technologies during many years. Its SolR based deployment account for very high maintenance and operation costs. A redesign, merging the fragmented modules into a unified platform with low management costs, is planned.
- Consulting on migrating the existing HARC MapReduce jobs to AWS EMR
- Revisiting source and sinks, data enhancement opportunities (HBase load)
- Assistance with migration
- Architects understanding dev and prod environments, mapping out how to access production workflows for later operation
- Implementation and support of new EMR-based jobs
- Strong hands-on experience as a Big Data Software Engineer with a solid design/development background with Java, Scala, or Python
- Experience of delivering data analytics projects and architecture guidelines
- Experience in Big Data solutions on premises and in the cloud (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Production project experience with Big Data technologies: distributed file systems, Spark, Kafka, Hive, NoSQL (HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB), StreamSet/NiFi, Airflow/Oozie
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology, Scrum in particular
- Experience in direct customer communications and pre-selling of business-consulting engagements to clients within large enterprise environments
- Strong communication skills
- Upper-Intermediate or higher English level, both spoken and written (B2+)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours
Learn more about EPAM in Ukraine
Back to top