Lead Big Data Engineer
- Kharkiv, Ukraine
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world's leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of more than 41,150 EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers think creatively and lead with passion and honesty. Our people are the source of our success. We value collaboration, work in partnership with our customers, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's market conditions, we're supporting operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
As a Lead Big Data Engineer, you will live on the front lines of the products we create, and build features used by millions of people every day.
Our customer is a leader in global prestige retail, teaching and inspiring clients to play in a world of beauty. The company has earned its reputation all over the world as a beauty trailblazer with its expertise, innovation, and entrepreneurial spirit. Our project is about developing a full-stack e-Commerce application for the world's biggest cosmetics retailer chain of stores.
Project technologies and tools
- SQL (Hive is preferable)
- Spark Streaming
- Cloud (Azure)
- Scala or Python
- Databricks (nice to have)
- Avro (nice to have)
- 5+ years of experience in Java/Scala or Python
- Experience with HIVE, Spark will be a plus
- Experience with Apache Hadoop will be a plus
- Strong communication skills and good spoken and written English
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work hours
Learn more about EPAM in Ukraine
Back to top