Key Big Data Engineer
- Bahía Blanca, Argentina
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever - a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Key Big Data Engineer. Scroll down to learn more about the position's responsibilities and requirements.
Looking for a seasoned Key Data Engineer who can help drive a data migration project for our final client this is a migration for customer sales, provisioning and usage data collected by the client across a number of products. EPAM data team will be working on Core KPI's and Stats platforms that are hosted in AWS (S3, EMR, Spark/PySpark etc). There is some complex business logic in ETL jobs and the goal is to migrate and optimize data flows while focusing on improving data quality. This is potentially a long-term engagement but it depends on the delivery results for the initial scope.
You will collaborate with Data Scientists, Product Managers, Executives, and other key stakeholders around the world. In this role, you will leverage your vast knowledge, skills, and experiences to understand data requirements and build the systems and platform that help unleash insights. You will have a direct impact on the insights that are used to create delightfully smart, personalized, and revolutionary customer experiences.
- Apply your broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the data warehouse lifecycle phases to design an integrated quality solution that address requirements
- Ensure completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure required to support system performance, availability and architecture requirements
- Design and plan for the integration for all data warehouse technical components
- Provide input and recommendations on technical issues to the team
- Responsible for data design, data extracts and transforms
- Develop implementation and operation support plans
- Lead architecture design and implementation of next generation BI solution
- Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using AWS Services, EMR, Python, PiG and Spark
- Mentor and develop other Junior Data Engineers
- Build and deliver high quality data architecture to support Business Analysts, Data Scientists and customer reporting needs
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science required, Master's degree preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Big Data Engineering, Datawarehouse ,Business Intelligence or Business Analytics
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- Demonstrated strength in data modelling, ETL development, and Data Warehousing
- Experience with AWS services including S3, EMR, Kinesis and RDS
- Experience with big data stack of technologies, including Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Pig, Presto
- Experience with delivering end-to-end projects independently
- Experience with using AirFlow, creating and maintaining DAGs, Operators, and Hooks
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
- Exceptional Problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle; including, Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
Back to top