EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
No less important is the safety, well-being and experience of our applicants. Therefore, until further notice, all EPAM employment interviews will be conducted remotely. Our recruitment professionals and hiring managers are standing by to ensure a robust and engaging virtual candidate experience. We look forward to speaking with you!
We are looking for a Junior Scala Developer to join our team in Budapest.
What You'll Do
- We are developing smart solutions and as junior Scala professional you will work in a highly collaborative environment mentored by senior colleagues and gain exposure to a wide range of technology. Job also includes regular discussions with the client
- At least 1-2 years of Scala development experience or background in functional programming principles
- Experience with any Scala or Java frameworks or libraries (e.g. Spring, Akka, Akka Streams, Play,Cats, ScalaTest, Circe)
- Databases: MySQL, Cassandra, Neo4J
- Experience with some tools (Gradle, SBT, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent problem-solving skills, dynamic attitude, and pragmatic mindset
- Great communication skills in English
- Experience working in AWS environment (Lambda, S3, CloudFormation, Amazon API Gateway, Kinesis)
- Messaging: Apache Kafka
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial, high speed, high growth corporate environment
- Diverse multicultural, multi-functional, and multilingual work environment
- Opportunities for personal and career growth in a progressive industry
- Global scope, international projects
- Widespread training and development opportunities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Competitive salary and various benefits
- Sport and social teams support, recreation area, advanced CSR programs