Java Developer with AWS
- Făgăraș, Romania
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world's leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
We are currently looking for a Developer with 5+ years of development experience in Java and AWS knowledge to join our team.
Our client is an information and data provider working in Financial industry with headquarters in London, UK.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
With our project we give end customer ability to effectively search throughout various types of financial statements, using modern technology stack including Java 11, Docker and Elasticsearch. Application is part of modern data platform built using different services of AWS and providing GraphQL interface for search capability.
Project components are built with high availability and fully utilizing Cloud architecture (like components communication using AWS Kinesis, resources auto scaling and failover using ECS and EC2, automation in resources monitoring and alarming using Amazon CloudWatch). Application is deployed to both Test and Production environments using Jenkins pipelines and Terraform as IaC solution.
Project is also utilizing concept of Test Automation within CI environment which executes all different types of tests within deployment pipelines (like unit, component, load, stress, performance, endurance, and contract tests).
Application has just started to be used by end customer and as a member of Java development team you will be able to contribute to its further development using latest technologies provided by the Cloud infrastructure.
The main pool of tasks is associated with design, implementing, and supporting of customer's ecosystem on AWS.
Project technologies and tools
- Java 11
- HTTP REST
- AWS (S3, EC2, EMR, ECS, Kinesis, SQS, CloudWatch)
- Terraform, Jenkins, SonarQube
- Design and implementation of modern, HTTP REST services on AWS
- Improve and support of existing services and applications
- Work with onsite/customer team members, build distributed systems that integrate with a larger data and services ecosystem
- Desire to have full ownership of the entire SDLC from conception through build and deployment, to ongoing production operational support
- Work in a true Agile environment where all team members are expected to own the solution including deployment, testing, quality, monitoring and operational excellence
- Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices
- Anticipate system/application challenges, present valid arguments, and propose solutions for the identified challenges or already existing problems
- Contribute to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery and documentation
- Review user stories to ensure a quality user experience, well-defined acceptance criteria and thorough test coverage
- Participate in application design and code review to ensure quality and testability of feature code
- Implement build, deployment and test automation to ensure high quality and enable continuous delivery
- Adjust positively to quickly changing priorities and shifting goals
- Understand, leverage and applies best practices effectively
- Perform other related duties as assigned may be required
- 5+ years of current professional experience working with Core Java
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Knowledge of Web services (REST)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (building highly available, resilient Web Services and messaging/streaming apps using SQS and Kinesis)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and experience in creating/maintenance of Jenkins pipelines
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Basic knowledge of Terraform or other IaC solution
- Basic Java concurrency
- Ability to create/document design for a feature
- We believe that the greatest strength of the company is its people. EPAM is fully committed to help its employees to reach their full potential and achieve their professional goals through continues learning. With this in mind, we would like to introduce to you few of the many opportunities and services which we believe will help you expand your current knowledge
- Full access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- All-around Social package: professional & soft skills training, medical & family care programs, sports
- Relocation opportunities
- Free English classes
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Continuous experience exchange with experts and professionals worldwide
- Friendly team and comfortable working environment
- Engineering, corporate, and social events within and outside the Company
- Flexible working schedule
- Opportunities for self-realization
Back to top