Since 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM) has leveraged its advanced software engineering heritage to become the foremost global digital transformation services provider - leading the industry in digital and physical product development and digital platform engineering services. Through its innovative strategy; integrated advisory, consulting and design capabilities; and unique 'Engineering DNA,' EPAM's globally deployed hybrid teams help make the future real for clients and communities around the world by powering better enterprise, education and health platforms that connect people, optimize experiences, and improve people's lives. Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 40 countries across five continents.
As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies and in 2020, Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm.
Are you an industry visionary and technologist at heart with a passion for designing complex Cloud solutions? Are you able to guide and advise business and IT teams on the technical and organisational challenges of Cloud transformation?
Do you have strong soft skills with solid stakeholder management and program management experience? Do you want to transform businesses, so they are able to operate and grow successfully in the cloud-first world?
Then you have an opportunity to join as a Head of Google Cloud (GCP) Solution Architecture to work with highly skilled and engaged teams across the globe on GCP solutions design, build and cloud migration opportunities. This is a fantastic opportunity to position yourself in the centre of the German Cloud Leadership team with a view of helping build out the Practice during this very exciting time of huge growth.
You will be working on a range of programs connecting program management, architecture and delivery.
- Act as a GCP Architecture Leader and partner with engineers, architects and other senior delivery leaders
- Work hand in hand with client's project and program counterparts to implement Cloud transformation and/or migrate enterprise workloads to the cloud
- Assess the client's Cloud maturity, identify gaps and suggest improvements
- Create a unified strategy for cloud transformation governance, automation, security, implementation and operations
- Day-to-day lead the client through the technical and organisational challenges of Cloud transformation
- Responsible and accountable for Cloud projects success, adherence to timeline and budget
- Drive quality and productivity of EPAM global delivery teams
- Address risk and issues through concrete action plans by working with EPAM account and client engagement teams
- Avid technologist, with deep expertise in Cloud Architecture, IT Service Delivery, Program Management and Strategy
- Ability to deep dive into technical details so this is not a pure bird's eye view strategy role. Someone that has come from an engineer/architecture background is key as all our Director level+ employees can look at the finer technical aspects when required
- History of successful Cloud migration to GCP and hybrid/private Cloud
- Strong hands-on experience in managing a complete set of activities related to the project delivery in a company such as SOW negotiation, project initiation, client management, project delivery and execution
- Deep understanding of private, public and hybrid cloud architecture, main building blocks, workload types, migration patterns and tools
- Grasp of SDLC processes (Agile, DevOps), cloud operation and support (ITIL) service delivery with hands-on ability to implement best practices or suggest improvements
- Ability to suggest competitive and innovative technical decisions, get client buy-in and deliver commitments
- Able to stand up for the team during hard times, handling escalations, expert in conflict resolution, able to bring very fuzzy ideas and vision into tangible deliverables
- Strong communication skills, ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly language
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Fluent German and English command (written and spoken)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Knowledge-sharing across EPAM's global Tech Communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Relocation support as per EPAM relocation policies
- EPAM Community with regular corporate and social events
- Career growth, performance and compensation reviews
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Please note that any offers will be subject to appropriate background checks
- We do not accept CVs from recruiting or staffing agencies
- Due to the Swiss labour legislation we can only accept applicants who have a valid right to work in Switzerland