Since 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM) has leveraged its advanced software engineering heritage to become the foremost global digital transformation services provider - leading the industry in digital and physical product development and digital platform engineering services. Through its innovative strategy; integrated advisory, consulting, and design capabilities; and unique 'Engineering DNA,' EPAM's globally deployed hybrid teams help make the future real for clients and communities around the world by powering better enterprise, education and health platforms that connect people, optimize experiences, and improve people's lives. In 2021, EPAM was added to the S&P 500 and included among the list of Forbes Global 2000 companies.
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 45 countries across five continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing Firm.
Are you a hands-on engineer with a problem-solving mindset and in-depth technical experience?
If you're a DevOps expert who enjoys developing elegant solutions for complex problems, this is the perfect opportunity for you to join EPAM and become part of our team in Zürich.
This role require experience in designing and implementing a DevOps strategy by leveraging on standard tools (GitHub, Teamcity, Nexus) and considering the limits imposed by a banking environment in terms of changes and legacy infrastructure.
The main objective is to drastically improve the team lead time (time between a new request and the consequent production deployment), improve the development flow, including incident management, and provide guidance to the team on best practices to support an ambitious project for one of EPAM's most prestigious and longstanding clients.
Read more to learn about the responsibilities and requirements for this role. We look forward to receiving your application!
- Design a DevOps strategy
- Implement DevOps development processes (version control strategy, code flow, application configuration strategy)
- Implement continuous integration (code quality, security policies, build strategy)
- Implement continuous delivery (release strategy, release management workflow, deployment patterns)
- Dependency management
- Security and Compliance (according to client guidelines and policies)
- Manage the infrastructure required for CI/CD
- Continuous feedback/continuous improvement
- Improve the team Lead Time (main goal)
- Improve existing/legacy release process
- Provide guidance on CI/CD best practices and processes
- Improve the existing build chain (identify and remove bottlenecks)
- Make sure the pipeline runs smoothly (monitor and control CI/CD process/operations)
- Provide documentation, training to team members
- (Optional) Move the CI/CD pipeline to Azure DevOps
- TeamCity (optionally Jenkins)
- Maven, Ant
- Bash / working knowledge of Linux
- SQL / Oracle
- CI/CD working knowledge
- Security best practices in DevOps (including Fortify, Code scan, OS Licenses etc.)
- Java 8
- Azure DevOps (CI/CD pipeline)
- IBM MQ
- WebSphere AppServer 8.5/9.5and/or Tomcat 8/9
- Experience with GitHub/GitLab/Bitbucket
- Experience with dependency management
- Gradle or Maven
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Knowledge-sharing across EPAM's Global Tech Communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning Solutions
- Relocation support as per EPAM relocation policies
- EPAM Community with regular corporate and social events
- Career growth, performance and compensation reviews
- All perks and benefits are subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Please note that any offers will be subject to appropriate background checks
- We do not accept CVs from recruiting or staffing agencies
- For this position, we are able to consider applications from the following:
- Swiss nationals
- EU/EFTA nationals
- Third-country nationals based in Switzerland with an appropriate work permit
- Displaced people from Ukraine who are currently in Switzerland and hold, or have already applied for, S permits