EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
The remote option applies only to the Candidates who will be working from any location in Poland.
We are looking for Database Developer with migration experience to join our growing Data Practice. You can have a chance to participate in a big transformation roadmap and cloud migration of the entire app and database infrastructure of several well-known services.
You can work remotely or join one of our offices located in Gdansk, Krakow, Wroclaw, Warsaw and Katowice.
- Participate in a cloud migration of the entire app and database infrastructure
- Review, analyze and document existing database architecture and infrastructure
- Recommend best practices and optimal technical approaches for modernizing a legacy database system including upgrades, re-architecture, infrastructure, schema design and data modeling, data migration, real-time replication
- At least 5 years of experience as a hands-on MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL developer
- Cloud experience (AWS or GCP or Azure) - using managed services and configuring them (not using these as end user)
- Extensive expertise with writing PL/SQL or T/SQL code for applications
- Excellent understanding of general database design and development
- Proficiency in database architecture, configuration, stored procedures, queries and development
- Proficiency in designing and implementing Large Scale HA/DR Environments
- Experience with legacy migration and modernization aspects of database engineering
- Experience with very large databases and/or data warehousing
- Proficiency with fundamental RDBMS principles, database design and data modeling
- Experience in cross-DB migration
- Python scripting
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- English language classes
- Polish language classes for Foreigners
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects (ex. to USA or Switzerland)
- Benefit package (private insurance, health care, multisport, lunch tickets, and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Possibility to be involved in an international project
- Remote work options
- Relocation package for foreign applicants as well as for people relocating within Poland
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted