EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
No less important is the safety, well-being, and experience of our applicants. Therefore until further notice, all EPAM employment interviews will be conducted remotely. Our recruitment professionals and hiring managers are standing by to ensure a robust and engaging virtual candidate experience. We look forward to speaking with you!
We are looking for a Data Solution Architect to join our team in Hungary.
You are curious, persistent, logical and with a growth mindset - a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and delivering elegant solutions for complex problems. You love designing data systems and applications to support decision making. You are passionate for the future trends of data practice and dare to design and deliver unusual solutions for known or so far unknown challenges.
If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as aData Architector any level above.
- Contribute on the front line to the success of our customer projects - this role is expected to be heavily client facing and will require advanced technical depth and experience, technical leadership, and multi-faceted communication skills
- Lead strategic planning, development and implementation of medium-to-large data platform solutions or a component of a larger solution, including full lifecycle of data starting from data acquisition and all way to the data visualization
- Lead on all stages of presales activities for such projects, owning the whole presale process from the Competency Center perspective when required. Manage the delivery of architectural POCs, where required
- Work directly and collaboratively with clients, external data providers, and other key stakeholders to ensure that the solution's concept/vision is understood and agreed upon
- Actively participate in project review and planning sessions. As needed, lead the solution development, drive, and supervise end-to-end development cycle (SDLC) or participate in the projects start-up
- Be accountable for applications-related quality, performance, availability, scalability, security, and integrity, ensuring application usability, for instance, through a high-quality functional interface to applications. Identify and mitigate risks associated with specific solution in known contexts
- Be accountable for ensuring architectural consistency of recommended technology and its integration with the client's applications and infrastructure. Identify and mitigate risks associated the implemented solution in all relevant contexts of the project and wider program
- Manage the architectural knowledge transfer from the project development team to the post-go-live support team. Oversea or effect the creation of architectural case study for EPAM's repository of reusable assets
- Drive strategic visioning activities for the practice and competency center. Develop reusable assets, development methods, processes, best practices to accelerate delivery
- Drive the program of evaluating the hardware and software platforms, benchmarking of alternative solution architectures, supervise a defined process for provision of structured, reusable results. Coordinate the direction of R&D activities by SA pool
- Keep pace with the innovative technologies and consider possibilities of creating relevant solution offerings. Coordinate architects in developmental direction choice
- Write broad topic and strategic white papers in the course of industry and technology research. Maintain high competency visibility by regular posting in internal newsletters, blogs as well as speaking at internal and external conferences and other events; create blueprints on customer request. Create technology road
- 5+ years of practical hands-on experience working in Enterprise Data Platforms technologies
- 2+ projects in data architect or technical team lead role with constant hands-on work during last 2 years
- Experience with public cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP) as well as with on prem data technologies
- Capable of leadership (influence management) and pragmatism
- Fluency in a range of scripting languages, operating systems, and software platforms
- Hands-on experience with Python, Apache Spark, Kafka and SQL or other similar tools and technologies
- Experience in data architecture, data modelling, and database design
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases to retrieve structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data sets
- Knowledge of business domains (travel and hospitality, finance, retail, etc.)
- Track record of working directly with the customer (i.e., regularly facing customer directly) both remotely and on-site
- Presale activities with exposure to customers on billable accounts
- Demonstrated experience in solution cost estimation (including tools, tasks, complexity, labour, and time) at coarse grain and fine grain levels, with supporting material evidence
- Experience in mentoring and coaching
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English
- Permanent job with remote work opportunity
- Widespread training and development opportunities, language courses, soft-skill trainings
- Vast opportunities for self-development, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, GAL trainings
- Multilingual work environment
- Competitive salary and benefit packages (private health care, sportcard, fringe benefits)
- International projects, working in hybrid teams with high-skilled peers
- Sport and social teams support, advanced CSR programs