Big Data Technical Lead/Solution Architect
- Kyiv, Ukraine
Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world's leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers' business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today's new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you'll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
We are currently aiming to build and strengthen our Big Data Solution Architecture teams across Ukraine.
- Design data analytics solutions by utilizing the Big Data technology stack
- Create and present solution architecture documents with deep technical details
- Work closely with business in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for future solutions
- Conduct solution architecture review/audit, calculate and present ROI
- Lead implementation of the solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities: direct communications with customers, RFP processing, the development of proposals for implementation and design of the solution, presentation for proposed solution architecture to the customer and participate in technical meetings with customer representatives
- Create and follow personal education plan in the technology stack and solution architecture
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices
- Get involved in engaging new clients to further drive EPAM business in the big data space
- Strong hands-on experience as a Big Data Architect with a solid design/development background with Java, Scala, or Python
- Experience of delivering data analytics projects and architecture guidelines
- Experience in Big Data solutions on premises and in the cloud (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Production project experience in at least one of Big Data technologies
- Batch processing: Hadoop and MapReduce/Spark/Hive
- Expertise in NoSQL databases: Cassandra/HBase/Accumulo/Kudu
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology, Scrum in particular
- Experience in direct customer communications and pre-selling of business-consulting engagements to clients within large enterprise environments
- Fluent English
- Innovative solutions delivery to the world's digital changes
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world
- Opportunities for self-realization
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Engineering, corporate and social events
- Social package: professional & soft skills trainings, medical & family care programs, sports
- Free English classes
- Flexible working schedule
Back to top