EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
We are looking for a Big Data Engineer for our Romania office to make the team even stronger.
EPAM invites talented and ambitious engineers to become part of our Big Data Solution Practice.
We are looking for people with strive for self-development who are keen on data science and eager to work with Big Data tools and frameworks, NoSQL databases and cutting-edge technologies.
- Work on high-quality architecture and implementation design, collaborating with the customer, system/business analysts and onshore architects
- 3+ years' experience in Java or Scala
- Experience with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Extensive experience building scalable, high-performance distributed systems, systems that deal with large data volumes, n-tier, client/server, cluster and load balanced architectures, web applications
- Experience working in agile continuous integration/DevOps paradigm and toolset (JIRA, Git, TDD, Test Automation, Jenkins)
- Solid technical English
- Linux experience
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure
- Working experience with scripting languages - Bash, Python, Groovy
- Machine learning experience
- We believe that the greatest strength of the company is its people. EPAM is fully committed to help its employees to reach their full potential and achieve their professional goals through continues learning. With this in mind, we would like to introduce to you few of the many opportunities and services which we believe will help you expand your current knowledge
- Full access to cutting-edge tools and technologies
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- All-around Social package: professional & soft skills training, medical & family care programs, sports
- Relocation opportunities
- Free English classes
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Continuous experience exchange with experts and professionals worldwide
- Friendly team and comfortable working environment
- Engineering, corporate, and social events within and outside the Company
- Flexible working schedule
- Opportunities for self-realization