EPAM is a leading global provider of digital platform engineering and development services. We are committed to having a positive impact on our customers, our employees, and our communities. We embrace a dynamic and inclusive culture. Here you will collaborate with multi-national teams, contribute to a myriad of innovative projects that deliver the most creative and cutting-edge solutions, and have an opportunity to continuously learn and grow. No matter where you are located, you will join a dedicated, creative, and diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
We are looking for Big Data Engineers with at last 1 year of commercial experience to join our growing Data Practice and make our team even stronger. Projects and technologies we are working with are very different and cover all technologies which present currently on the market and represented by open source communities.
We are providing our service to Clients in different domains: Financial, Health Care, Insurance and many others, so you will have a chance to develop yourself in any direction you want.
You can work in our office in Prague or remotely. The remote option applies only to the Candidates who will be working from any location in Czech Republic.
What You'll Do
- Data ingestion from different data sources which exposes data using different technologies, such as: RDBMS, REST HTTP API, flat files, Streams, Time series data, SAP and a lot other based on various proprietary systems. You will need to research and implement data ingestion with help of Big Data technologies
- Data processing/transformation using various technologies such as Spark and Cloud Services. You will need to understand your part business logic and implement it using any language which supported by base data platform
- Advanced knowledge one of language: Java, Scala, Python, C#
- Production experience with: HDFS, YARN, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Oozie / Airflow
- Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Cloudera (or any other) HADOOP distribution, Databricks
- Spark Streaming
- Kafka Streaming / Kafka Connect
- ELK Stack
- Docker / Kubernetes
- Cassandra / MongoDB
- CI/CD: Jenkins, GitLab, Jira, Confluence other related tools
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- English-speaking environment
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Comfortable modern offices in Prague 4 or remote work from any location in Czech Republic
- Benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, paid sick days, paid days off for special occasions, meal vouchers, flexi pass, Prague city public transport annual coupon, multisport cards, contribution to pension fund, health insurance for family member)
- English language courses
- Czech language courses upon request
- Relocation assistance
- Rotation program - possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects within 30 countries
- Referral bonuses for recommended candidates
- Mobile Phone Tariff's program for managerial level candidates
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period