The Event Director is responsible for the development, marketing, management, and onsite execution of the events assigned to their portfolio. Additionally, the Event Director is the primary liaison to each event committee, responsible for directing strategy, executing on the vision, ensuring the event’s appeal to a global audience and adhering to EO’s Global Event Policies and Procedures as well as the organization’s vision, mission and core values
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate and Strategize with the Global Events Subcommittee on University product
- In conjunction with the VP, Events, liaison to the Learning Committee and liaison the Global Events Subcommittee, strategize on overall brand of the university product
- Includes major program changes, registration policies, planning procedures and execution
- Assist with University location selection
- Assist with Global member lead selection
Manage a volunteer committee of EO members in each host city to plan and execute Universities:
- Develop and execute a committee training with Staff core team and EO member volunteers
- Achieve consensus on programming among committee of EO members and EO Global staff
Manage division of responsibilities among the members, EO Global staff and vendors.
Effectively manage University Program team:
Ensure team is delivering exceptional member service, with well-run calls, responsive communications and sufficient support of local efforts
- Ensure team is meeting metrics and deliverables regarding event.
- Schedule monthly/weekly one-on-one meetings to review and debrief on all program progress, updates, development and execution (other items as necessary);
- Create, provide and explain documents/templates for the team to use to ensure communication with members, staff, partners, et. al, are professional, clear and concise.
Coordinate event logistics
- Assist VP, Events with site selection and hotel and supplier contracting
- Manage all vendors
- Maintain program agenda in conjunction with the Manager, Global Learning, who is responsible for the educational content
- Create and maintain a balanced program budget
- Coordinate all aspects of the event planning process (including but not limited to, hotel room blocks, all F&B functions, AV needs, transportation, off-site activities, and pre and post tours) with support provided by the Event Managers
- As necessary per event, liaise with other EO Staff regarding roles relevant to the event such as sponsorship, communications/PR, and membership related initiatives.
- Lead and prepare a team of EO Global staff for the on-site execution of the event (create the event specifications document, staff schedule, lead regular meetings, manage staff on-site).
Marketing and Communications
- Liaise with Event Registration Coordinator and Marketing Manager on all marketing project initiatives.
- Provide content for websites, registrant communications and marketing pieces in conjunction with Event Registration Coordinator for websites
Supervise the Event Registration Coordinator and Event Coordinator
- Includes hiring staff, conducting performance reviews, providing for the development of skills, advancing professionalism and assigning duties.
- Serve as the first point of escalation for any member issues that arise in relation to event attendance
- Ultimately responsible for all of EO's event registration processes and attendee member services
- Review and evaluate the progress of the team within goal milestones and provide discussion, explanation and tools that will help to sustain, improve and/or bolster the successful completion of tasks/projects.
- Research and suggest professional skills development courses/trainings.
- Provide ideas and input on strategic imperatives to the VP, Events both proactively and as directed.
- Develop and improve event templates, processes and procedures to better meet the needs of our committees and staff team.
- Seek out professional development opportunities for self and for the team.
Other duties as assigned
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Essential Duty and Responsibility (the "Essential Duties") satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years of event planning and operating experience
- Minimum of 2 years of event committee management
- Minimum of 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- MPI (Meeting Planners International) membership
- CMP (Certified Meeting Professional)
- Computer software skills training
- Personal development training
In addition to the above, the following may also be required of the successful candidate
Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interact with entrepreneurs with tact diplomacy and poise
- Excellent attention to detail
- Promote quality through continuous performance improvement
- The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing members, staff, managers, clients, and the public. Ability to understand oral instructions and to ask for clarification when necessary.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure using whole numbers and calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, decimals, percentages, proportions and ratios to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or oral form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, and controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and abilities to adjust focus to read and type documents on a computer screen.
Additional hours may be required during periods of heavy workload. Flexibility is required in the daily work schedule to accommodate tasks.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the Essential Duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
The employee is normally required to work in a high-rise building equipped with elevators in an environment where the noise level is usually moderate.
May be assigned to an internal work space without windows to the outside, located in close proximity to other office personnel.
Professional workplace where business and business casual attire is required.
Ability to work in a fast pace and high pressure environment.
Nothing contained in this job description, or conveyed during any interview which may be granted or during any period of employment (if hired) with Entrepreneurs' Organization, is intended to create an employment contract with any employee or prospective employee of the Firm for any specified period of time. Work rules and benefits in effect are subject to change from time to time, according to the needs of the organization. Any and all employment with Entrepreneurs' Organization is "at will," that is, for no definite or determinable period and subject to termination at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice, at the option of either the employee or the organization.
Entrepreneurs' Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top