Entry-Level Writing and Editing Internship
Have you always wanted to work in digital media but don't know where to start? You're in luck. You've just discovered the best-kept secret in women's leadership, empowerment and professional development - the ENTITY Academy.
THIS ISN'T YOUR AVERAGE FETCHING-COFFEE INTERNSHIP.
You'll be doing real hands-on work, receiving digital exposure on our growing platform of 15 MILLION highly-engaged visitors per month, networking with successful female CEOs across industries (entertainment, tech, business, sustainability) and participating in mock board meetings to sharpen your public speaking skills.
We're looking for skilled writers who are knowledgeable on current affairs and events and can write, edit and produce time-sensitive content to provide ENTITY's readers with up-to date news. Content Writers are excellent at researching and sourcing material and also have the ability to tackle big-picture affairs as well as powerful first-person essays and reported pieces.
Writers must also have an excellent command of the English language, grammar and AP Style along with an ability to recognize rising digital or trending topics in real time; while they may specialize in one topic, being able to tap into the current events for all of ENTITY's subcategories is crucial. Occasional collaboration with the social networking writers is also possible. Other duties include pitching, uploading and formatting articles onto the back end of the site, staying connected to the digital news world and trend forecasting.
We work hard AND play hard at ENTITY. Apart from the rigorous curriculum, the ENTITY Academy provides unforgettable experiences, including flying lessons, exclusive access to an intimate American Contemporary Ballet performance, Krav Maga lessons, DJ lessons and professional photoshoots.
- A keen understanding of opportunities in the digital space and honed digital skills
- Access to one-on-one mentoring, job recommendations and powerful career connections
- Digital exposure on our vast content platforms, social networks and weekly newsletters calling out content created during the program
- Polished resumes and designer portfolios with curated writing samples to showcase your capabilities
- A community of like-minded women who are poised, confident and recognize early on that the sky is truly the limit
- A daily dose of growth and advice sent via text and/or email
- After graduating from our 6-week program, ENTITY will represent you in the marketplace to help you secure a job opportunity suited to your skillset. View sample portfolios here: http://www.entitymag.com/recruitment/
Don't just take our word for it, see what past graduates have to say about the ENTITY Academy:
"When I first started my internship with ENTITY more than a year ago, I was taking the biggest risk of my life. Fresh out of college, I was floundering, not knowing what I wanted to do or where I wanted to go. So, the time I spent at ENTITY was defining for me. I met amazing people, learned valuable skills and launched a career that I love." -Ellena Kilgallon, B.A. in Literature and Writing from California State University San Marcos
We embrace the fact that all women are in a constant state of learning. ENTITY is your classroom. To the moguls, artists, techies and entrepreneurs, we say: "We are the women that do." Come change the world with us!
Back to top