VP, UK Licensing - Hardlines
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s Family & Brands Division is an exciting, fast growing entertainment company that specialises in the development, production, distribution and brand management of kid’s TV content. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig and superhero hit PJ Masks. Alongside these popular television properties, eOne Family & Brands’ portfolio also boasts acclaimed kids content including Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom, Winston Steinburger and Sir Dudley Ding Dong and Cupcake & Dino: General Services.
Entertainment One’s Family & Brands Division is now gearing up for the launch of its newest property, Ricky Zoom, a brand-new animated pre-school TV series from the producers of PJ Masks.
Entertainment One’s Family and Brands has close to 200 employees based in London, New York, Toronto, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Sao Paolo. It is part of the wider Entertainment One Group, a leading international entertainment company with film, TV and music operations across the world. The Entertainment One Group has over 1,300 employees worldwide, with offices in LA, Toronto, London, New York, Madrid, Amsterdam and Sydney.
Responsible for the planning and management of the entire hard lines business (working closely with the SVP on global master toy partners), to include the development and implementations of CP strategies across the relevant categories, as well as licensed promotional collaborations, experiential partnerships and retail marketing efforts. Additionally, focused on the management and development of a group of individuals and their workflow (internal & external) in line with the overarching goals of the leadership team.
- Reporting to SVP, Licensing UK and working with the wider global licensing team to create a coordinated strategy across the key functions:
- Team management & leadership
- Financial & business planning
- Commercial brand knowledge
- New Business opportunities/potential commercial partnership models
- Brand Assurance & relevant localization of product
- Delivering financial & market analysis to senior management:
- Set team objectives and priorities to ensure financial success
- Ensure & maintain accountability for accurate quarterly category forecasts
- Monitor financial progress of hard lines business and adapt team approach accordingly
- Develop and implement commercially led product plans to align with growth objectives
- Plan, develop and implement key hard lines CP near and mid-term strategies & objectives across core hard lines categories of business (outside of global master toy partners), for UK:
- Deliver 3-year growth plan for designated hard lines categories
- Drive on-going sales, to hit revenue targets
- Identify & evaluate new business opportunities
- Support and nurture hard lines licensing team to obtain agreed professional & commercial goals
- Maintain general knowledge of the retail landscape and monitor retails sales performance of key licensees and programs
- Perform management functions such as hiring, onboarding, coaching, performance management and operating budget control for UK hard lines team
- Build strong team-oriented relationships with other key business units and licensing counterparts that result in new business and/or cross-promotional opportunities
- Work closely with Retail Development team as well as Global brand & UK Marketing team to ensure complete coordination and alignment between brand & commercial messaging as well as ensuring coordination with UK soft lines and PD teams
- Build and maintain relationships with all key partners
- Create strong working relationships and liaise with the wider global licensing team on a regular basis as well as other key departments such as Marketing, Product Development, Business Affairs and Finance
- Negotiate deals with licensees, ensure the best terms possible and manage the contractual process for all hard lines categories from start to finish liaising closely with Legal and Accounts team to ensure all groups are aligned
This role requires proven field expertise to maintain & maximise the core business. In addition to exploiting revenue streams, new market opportunities & further establishing best practices and partners; VP Hardlines – UK will manage a local sales team to ensure a tailored approach to drive brand & retail exposure through commercial licensing practices.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive progressive experience in licensed goods on both hard lines and soft lines categories
- Will have made significant contributions to a complex, global consumer products or entertainment business
- Proven ability to achieve revenue goals in an entrepreneurial environment with strong business development, stellar negotiating and engaging presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to rally a team and bring passion into the workplace
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with clients and internal stake holders with an eye to the broader global business
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize and complete multiple priorities and assignments utilizing outstanding judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A highly developed skill of partnering with business clients at all levels and driving innovative ways of doing business
- Media / broadcast experience or knowledge advantageous
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. To be considered for this position you must provide evidence that you/be able to demonstrate that you have the right to work in the UK.
Back to top