VP of IT - Business Solutions
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; leading feature film production and global sales company Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production companiesRenegade 83, Paperny Entertainment and Force Four Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group andLast Gang; and award-winning digital agency Secret Location.
The Company’s rights library is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 100,000 hours of film and television content and approximately 40,000 music tracks.
Reporting to the CIO, the VP of IT Business Solutions will join Entertainment One’s Information Technology team to lead a team of Business Analysts and Business Solution Analysts to support and engage business leaders in their use of technology, define roadmaps, drive efficiency, adopt shared solutions, collective prioritization towards common goals and oversee development of business cases that effectively illustrate value from cost/benefits to business strategy alignment. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated leader who is comfortable communicating with and influencing people in a variety of positions and levels.
- As a key member of Entertainment One’s IT leadership team, the VP of IT Business Solutions will be responsible for leading and developing the strategy of the IT teams’ engagement, interaction and support of eOne’s Business Application Portfolio and innovative solutions for using technology to support Business Strategy.
- As Head of Business Solutions, the VP will have responsibility for the delivery of the Strategic Objectives of the Enterprise
- He / she will be responsible for supporting the Functional Steering Committee, tracking new opportunities and ongoing initiatives.
- He / she will be responsible for building, managing and overseeing the relationships with the various functional and divisional representatives across eOne
- Provide transparency to the portfolio of investment in IT and enabling the FSC to prioritize demand based on key criteria.
- Increase the profile and awareness of Business Solutions and position the value and role of IT across eOne in support of the IT Strategy and execution of group shared systems via regular effective communications to key stakeholders and marketing of IT
- Oversee a team of Business Analysts and Business Systems Analysts in support of new opportunities, process mapping, requirements gathering, data analysis, application support, end user training, solution specialists, system architecture, project and/or operational support
- Oversee the introduction of new business products and solutions by working with cross functional departments and ensuring all key milestones are met.
- Work closely with strategic partners to identify new business opportunities
- Build and develop business knowledge and team talent
- Report on the weekly and monthly activities of the team
- Maintain contact with partners to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and ensure a positive experience
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships within the IT team and across the business.
- Other duties as assigned based on business requirements and evolution of the role.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability of approach and style to best meet the needs of the business and various stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain influential working relationships at all levels of the enterprise
- Capable of translating and presenting technical concepts into practical business terms
- Capable of leading and collaborating to deliver new architectures and technology solutions
- Ability to set and communicate clear direction and performance standards and motivate teams in support of business goals
- Proven leadership ability including coaching and support of team
- Executive presence and leadership skills
- Ability to think in broad strategic terms for technology and business
- Highly dynamic and ability to persevere through periods of significant change and challenge in the business environment
- At least 10 years IT experience
- Well-developed analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in business requirements documentation.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- A University degree in business and/or information technology (or equivalent work experience) is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, and resolve problems with people at all levels in the organization, across lines of business and with third party vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, presentation and mediation skills.
- Self-driven and someone who takes ownership.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Manager, Global Scripted Development, eOne Television
Jeff works with writers, producers, directors, and actors to find, pitch, and shape the next hit TV series by seeking out exciting ideas and shaping scripts.
Back to top