Senior Developer, Games
About Entertainment One
Secret Location, an Entertainment One company, is an Emmy® Award-winning content studio for emerging platforms. We combine cutting-edge technology with traditional storytelling to create powerful experiences. Our goal is to always find unique concepts where these different verticals intersect, creating solutions that connect with audiences and generate awesome results.
Secret Location is dedicated to building the games and experiences that will define the future of virtual reality. We’re looking for rockstars who don’t rest until they’ve given it their all. Do you stare chaos in the eye and get excited at the opportunity to roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty, implement solutions and make amazing stuff? Are driven to do things better and smarter every time? Does your OCD-like tendency keep you iterating and optimizing until the wee hours?
The ideal candidate is a modern visionary with a strong preference for working in a highly innovative and collaborative environment. Someone who is not afraid to experiment, push outside their comfort zone and is eager to constantly learn and evolve their skill set. Our environment is filled with creative individuals with an avid interest in pushing the leading edge on new VR technology.
If this sounds like you and you’ve master C++, Unreal and Unity then we want you as our Senior Developer to help create the best virtual reality experiences imaginable.
- The Senior Developer works in closely daily cooperation with the other project leads (Art Directors, Producers, etc.) to scope, prioritize, document, plan, iterate and execute on the project goals and deliverables all while identifying, mitigating and/or resolving blockers; often drafting documents and diagrams that are required for distributing development responsibilities on the project and ensuring everyone understands what they are building.
- The Senior Developer is often the lead hands-on developer for all game systems, architecture and implementation and is accountable for the technical fidelity, execution, optimization and integration of all software aspects of project delivery.
- The Senior Developer plays a pivotal role in early research and development, scoping and architecting of projects.
- The Senior Developer will often work with, manage and audit outside vendors to ensure delivery and successful integration of outside code that exceeds our expectations.
- The Senior Developer is a key part of the team in architecting and building out gameplay systems
- The Senior Developer must be constant iterate and optimize their systems to drive performance and world class play experiences.
- The Senior Developer is vital in identifying potential performance issues, and optimizing to reduce performance bottlenecks.
- Help with all technical aspects of bringing a game to market including building user interfaces and screen flows as needed
- You are responsible for the quality of code produced by the project team. This will require regular code reviews and architecture reviews at milestones through the course of the project.
- Advanced hands-on knowledge and expertise with Unity and/or Unreal
- You’re an expert in C++.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
- You’re an avid gamer with a strong work ethic and desire to build the next generation of user experiences.
- You are a specialist when it comes to your level of focus but a generalist when it comes to sharing knowledge and pitching in to help get the team across the finish line.
- Must have been a senior or lead developer on several large console or PC games.
- Must have technical hands-on experience in all areas of game development including programming of game logic, graphics, rendering, character controls, effects, optimization, sound and UI, middleware, common components and tools.
- Must be close friends with low-level graphical APIs, multithreading, resource management, memory and graphic optimization issues.
- Excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a team.
- Excellent problem and lateral thinking skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- On top of that, you must be a goal-oriented achiever with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and provide technical solutions & recommendations.
- A personal passion for staying on top of new technologies, game trends and discovering ways for implementation.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Manager, Global Scripted Development, eOne Television
Jeff works with writers, producers, directors, and actors to find, pitch, and shape the next hit TV series by seeking out exciting ideas and shaping scripts.
Back to top