Senior Accountant, International Distribution Film & TV
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes international feature film distribution company Sierra/Affinity; Amblin Partners with DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; Makeready with Brad Weston; unscripted television production companies Whizz Kid Entertainment and Renegade 83; live entertainment leaders Round Room Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang.
The Company's rights library, valued at US$2.0 billion (as at 31 March 2018), is exploited across all media formats and includes about 80,000 hours of film and television content and approximately 40,000 music tracks; innovative music platform Audio Network; and award-winning emerging content and technology studio Secret Location.
eOne is about bringing the best content to the world. To do that we need the best talent. If you are passionate, creative and want to take your career to the next level in an exciting and dynamic industry then we want you on our team. The Senior Accountant, International Distribution role is a key contributor to the overall Film & TV Finance team. The candidate will support the Manager through revenue recognition, ensuring compliance with internal controls, account analyses and financial reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the recognition of license distribution revenue and related costs for International Film & TV Divisions
- Ownership of monthly variance analyses (actuals vs. budget & forecast)
- Work closely with International Business Units to ensure an efficient close and proactively address any accounting issues
- Assist in compiling monthly financial and reporting packages to the Executive Team
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of the general ledger, chart of accounts and by title information
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity and actively identify process improvements
- Ownership of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Support internal and external assurance engagements as required
- Play an integral role in the implementation of the new rights management system
- Special projects on an ad hoc basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and professional accounting designation (or nearing completion)
- Minimum 3 + years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of IFRS. Experience with IFRS 15 an asset
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal). Ability to communicate and present information in a clear and concise manner to the relevant audience
- Sound analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Ability to set priorities and balance multiple deliverables.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Attention to detail and accuracy is critical to performance success
- Proficient with Microsoft office, particularly Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) an asset
What you’ll be a part of:
· Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
· Investing in your future: employee stock option purchase plan, and local defined contribution pension plans
· Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
· Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
· Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
· The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
· Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
· Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Entertainment One is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, and supporting diversity and inclusion within our work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Sofiya B.Production Coordinator, Television
Sofiya works with the VP of Production on anywhere from eight to ten shows at a time, choosing crews and creating budgets to move projects from development into production.
Back to top