Senior Accountant, Finance – TV Content, Unscripted
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes MAKEREADY with Brad Weston; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; unscripted television production companies Whizz Kid Entertainment and Renegade 83; live entertainment leaders Round Room Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning emerging content and technology studio Secret Location.
The Company's rights library, valued at US$1.7 billion (as at 31 March 2017), is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 80,000 hours of film and television content and approximately 40,000 music tracks.
The Senior Financial Anaylst is responsible for assisting the Manager, Financial Reporting – TV Unscripted in all facets of financial reporting and controls of TV Unscripted division. The candidate will make a strong contribution by being actively involved in ensuring delivery of timely and accurate financial statements and management reports as well as improving financial processes and internal controls.
- Assist with month-end and year-end close process, preparation of relevant financial statements and submissions to Group Finance
- Monthly variance analysis of results to budget/forecast
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations, and quarterly balance sheet review packages
- Assist in external and internal audits
- Prepare working paper schedules on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Assist in monitoring and ensuring appropriate financial controls around development spend
- Collaborate with Financial Reporting to ensure proper revenue recognition policies are followed
- Actively work with production accounting team to have a full understanding of each show’s progress
- Actively involved in ensuring compliance with internal controls
- Accomplish tasks on time and take on special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree and professional designation is required
- Minimum 5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting skills; knowledge of accounting theory and practices, of GAAP, and IFRS
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate, including strong Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups etc)
- Previous experience reporting into parent company and working with related entities in different time zones is an asset
- Television Production accounting experience an asset
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment under pressure with tight deadlines, while simultaneously handling multiple projects
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, multi-tasking and execution skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Excellent teamwork, collaboration and team building skills
What you’ll be a part of:
· Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
· Investing in your future: employee stock option purchase plan, and local defined contribution pension plans
· Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
· Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
· Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
· The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
· Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
· Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Entertainment One is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, and supporting diversity and inclusion within our work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Sofiya B.Production Coordinator, Television
Sofiya works with the VP of Production on anywhere from eight to ten shows at a time, choosing crews and creating budgets to move projects from development into production.
Back to top