Production Accountant, contract
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content.
The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, Reliance Entertainment, Alibaba Pictures and Universal Filmed Entertainment; newly-launched MAKEREADY with Brad Weston; leading feature film production and global sales company Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production company Renegade 83; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning digital agency Secret Location.
Entertainment One is seeking a Production Accountant with knowledge in the film & television cost accounting. The position is based in Toronto and reports to the Production Controller.
- Perform production and post production accounting duties
- Prepare and review weekly cost report with Production Executives
- Prepare schedules for production audit
- Field queries relating to production audit(s)
- Assist with the preparation of production financial statements
- Assist Production Controller with special projects.
- Generate Month End reports
- Coordinate setting up bank accounts, Business, GST registration and accounting software for new productions
- Strong organizational skills, self motivate and a solid focus on achieving deadlines.
- Strong computer fluency with excellent accounting software knowledge (Cast &
- Crew, Global Vista, Smart Accounting, and Excel)
- Outstanding communication skills both oral and written
- Production or related industry experience is a must.
- CPA designation or current enrollment in CPA program is an asset but
- Accounting background and experience preferred.
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Production Coordinator, Television
Sofiya works with the VP of Production on anywhere from eight to ten shows at a time, choosing crews and creating budgets to move projects from development into production.
Back to top