Manager, Product Development
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; leading feature film production and global sales company Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production companiesRenegade 83, Paperny Entertainment and Force Four Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group andLast Gang; and award-winning digital agency Secret Location.
The Company’s rights library is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 100,000 hours of film and television content and approximately 40,000 music tracks.
Entertainment One UK is looking to expand their product development team by recruiting a Product Development Manager. The role will focus on undertaking cross-category approval and providing support to the Product Development Manager, the commercial and marketing team and external partners and agents. The role will work across eOne Family’s portfolio of successful brands, including Peppa Pig, PJ Masks, Ben and Holly’s Little Kingdom and on other emerging new brands.
- Responsible for day-to-day product development and approvals for the US and Canada markets.
- Provide creative directions/assets and feedback to licensees/agents on both 2D and 3D product submissions to ensure brand values and product quality are maintained.
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Feedback artwork requirements for assigned categories to Product Development team in UK so they can be incorporated into style guide updates.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of eOne properties and creative assets.
- Work with relevant Licensing Manager to ensure that all licensed articles go into development in line with terms outlined in contracts.
- Maintain market knowledge of products falling within assigned categories, research key product and retail trends to maximise merchandising opportunities for current and new properties.
- In conjunction with relevant Licensing Manager or Product Development Director, attend product development meetings with licensees and agents (where/when feasible) to plan ranges, gain understanding of their product requirements and their retail environment, address issues impacting the development process.
- Provide creative support to Marketing team and review marketing material and collaterals.
- Assist in updating the US and Canada Product Catalogues for sales and marketing purposes.
- Ensure approvals correspondence and imagery is logically stored and accessible on the server.
- Manage storage of contractual samples.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and visual).
- Experience across all main category areas including hard lines, soft lines, publishing, personal care and FMCG.
- Ability to identify and solve design/concept problems.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
- Graphic design experience desirable.
- General knowledge of manufacturing process and how they apply to products.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Previous pre-school product development experience
- Awareness of competitor market and other pre-school brands.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of product development in a licensing environment with experience of working for a licensor preferred.
He/she will be able to demonstrate knowledge of product development applied to licensed products and basic creative skills, ideally by showing a portfolio at interview stage of previous work.
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Manager, Global Scripted Development, eOne Television
Jeff works with writers, producers, directors, and actors to find, pitch, and shape the next hit TV series by seeking out exciting ideas and shaping scripts.
Back to top