Manager, Business & Legal Affairs
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One (“eOne”) is a publicly-traded global entertainment company. eOne’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Based in Toronto, Canada, eOne was founded in 1973 as retail music distributor Records on Wheels. By 2003 the company had expanded into film, television and family content production and distribution. The company became a constituent of the London Stock Exchange’s FTSE 250 Index in 2013.
Entertainment One’s robust network now includes the film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, Reliance Entertainment, Alibaba Pictures and Universal Filmed Entertainment; the newly-launched MAKEREADY with Brad Weston; leading feature film production and global sales company, Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production company Renegade 83; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning digital agency, Secret Location.
With offices across North America, Latin America, the U.K., Europe, Asia and Australia, the company has an expansive global footprint of original development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of must-have entertainment content.
The Manager, Business and Legal Affairs will work within the Film, North America department of Entertainment One (“eOne”). The role will require the ability to work independently while coordinating with the larger global team, will include drafting, and providing systems and administrative support across all areas of the business as well as liaising with other eOne business groups.
The successful candidate will ideally have industry experience, confidence in working with industry players, an ability to deal with sophisticated and interrelated documentation, frequently to short deadlines, across multiple jurisdictions and projects.
- Assisting with and drafting/negotiating agreements (including acquisitions, financing and sales documentation)
- Liaising with teams in respect of deal tracking and related tasks to track the progress of agreements
- Liaising with the contract administration team in respect of contract management and related tasks (including maintaining and updated records of key contractual, non-legal information and rights management information).
- Assisting department in maintaining and updating sales, licensing and distribution templates and process documentation
- Helping to develop internal process and procedures to monitor the progress of acquisition and sales agreements
- Provides support to the SVP & legal department; including database management, process management and implementation, and systems administration
- Attends meetings on request by team to take action notes and follow-up on action items
- Various special projects and other work as required to support the North American Film Legal team
- Corporate Law Clerk experience preferably at a broadcaster or in an entertainment environment
- Post Secondary education
- An interest in learning more about the film industry in Canada
- Ability to deal with high volume of work across many projects and time zones and ability to multi-task
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (including to non-legal departments)
- Excellent organization direction with good attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and tact
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows XP, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Fluency in French a definite asset
What you’ll be a part of:
· Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
· Investing in your future: employee stock option purchase plan, and local defined contribution pension plans
· Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
· Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
· Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
· The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
· Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
· Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Production Coordinator, Television
Sofiya works with the VP of Production on anywhere from eight to ten shows at a time, choosing crews and creating budgets to move projects from development into production.
Back to top