Intermediate Accounting Analyst
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; leading feature film production and global sales company Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production companies Renegade 83, Paperny Entertainment and Force Four Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group andLast Gang; and award-winning digital agency Secret Location.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounting & Financial Reporting, the Intermediate Accountant will play a pivotal role in the month-end close process and be responsible for the analysis and reconciliation of key balance sheet and P&L accounts, including a large volume of intercompany activity. The Intermediate Accountant will also assist with the preparation of supporting schedules to the financial reports, standard monthly and quarterly reports to third parties and head office, interim and year-end audit schedules, and ad hoc projects.
- Prepare GL journal entries in support of the closing cycle and daily accounting needs.
- Reconcile and analyze key balance sheet and income statement accounts, including prepaid expenses, accruals, unbilled AR, and deferred revenue. Multi-currency transactions are involved.
- Take charge of Intercompany Accounts reconciliation and confirmations - making sure all relevant entries are booked correctly and verifying balances with internal and external entities within specified deadlines in the monthly close schedule.
- Accurate and timely month end balancing of AP and AR subsystems to the general ledger.
- Assist with coding cheque requisitions entered into the accounting system by accounts payable.
- Assist with flash reporting and month end reporting for the head office and senior management.
- Assist in the preparation of lead schedules, reconciliations and analyses as required for the half year review and year-end audit.
- Take the lead and/or assist with special projects and ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of two to four years accounting experience and working as part of a team on month/year end closes.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, certificate in accounting, or working towards an accounting designation (CPA).
- Solid understanding and experience with intercompany accounting, foreign exchange transactions, prepaid expenses, accruals, receivables, and deferred revenue.
- Able to work with others as a team and independently; self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a high degree of accuracy.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Strong problem identification and independent resolution skills.
- Able to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Flexible to work overtime during monthly peak periods, if required
Knowledge & Experience
- Solid understanding of general accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft GP Dynamics or equivalent accounting system is a definite plus.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups etc.), Word and Outlook is a definite must.
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Manager, Global Scripted Development, eOne Television
Jeff works with writers, producers, directors, and actors to find, pitch, and shape the next hit TV series by seeking out exciting ideas and shaping scripts.
Back to top