HR Business Partner
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; newly-launched MAKEREADY with Brad Weston; leading feature film production and global sales company Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production company Renegade 83; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning digital agency Secret Location.
The Company’s rights library is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 100,000 hours of film and television content and approximately 40,000 music tracks.
The HR Business Partner has direct accountability for driving the people plan in support of the business strategy. Primary responsibilities include performance management, recruitment, training and development.
- Actively build strong working relationships across all levels within the business by maintaining a working knowledge of the business environment, keeping management and staff informed of HR initiatives and translating business needs into practical solutions
- Deliver HR advisory services, direction and support to leaders and management in areas such as employee development, performance management, human rights, employment law and policy interpretation
- Support the business succession and leadership planning process
- Facilitate execution of organizational development and change management initiatives
- Maintain and reports on KPI’s
- Experience supporting leadership development and training
- Compensation analysis and recommendations
- Support and drive continuous improvement initiatives related to Human Resources
- Support and represent Human Resources in cross function projects involving Canadian business unites
- Drive the HR Plan which focuses on the delivery of key divisional and corporate HR Initiatives.
- Assist in the development of policy and procedures and their dissemination
- Prepare written health and safety programs and policies, provide training on all new procedures and review location audits
- Acting as first point of contact, respond to telephone and email inquiries from staff regarding personnel matters, active issues, policies and procedures
- Champion continuous improvement with respect to HR Services delivery, improving HR standard operating procedures and actively participate in HR projects as needed
- Assist in the management and administration of benefits programs (STD, LTD, other leaves)
- Other duties as assigned
- Possesses initiative and drive with demonstrated leadership
- Excellent communication skills
- Results orientated and work as part of a functional team
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize managing multiple priorities at once
- Strong problem solving skills
- Advanced Microsoft office skills and experience with HRIS systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who can work-independently and in a team environment
Knowledge & Experience
- University Degree or College Certificate in Human Resources Management or Business
- 1-2 years of management experience
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience
- Possess a CHRP designation
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Production Coordinator, eOne Television
Sofiya works with the VP of Production on anywhere from eight to ten shows at a time, choosing crews and creating budgets to move projects from development into production.
Back to top