About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes MAKEREADY with Brad Weston; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; unscripted television production companies Whizz Kid Entertainment and Renegade 83; live entertainment leaders Round Room Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning emerging content and technology studio Secret Location.
The Company's rights library, valued at US$1.7 billion (as at 31 March 2017), is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 80,000 hours of film and television content and approximately 40,000 music tracks.
As part of the Financial Reporting team reporting to the Senior Accountant, the General Accountant will actively participate in month-end and year-end close process, including revenue recognition for our International division as well as training and assisting our rotating AR Co-ordinator co-op position. The General Accountant will also contribute to the team by taking on ad hoc projects as required.
- Actively involved in month-end and year-end close
- Maintain integrity of various general ledger accounts and prepare balance sheet reconciliations on monthly and quarterly basis
- Ownership of International Audit Binder
- Prepare International Borrowing Base on a monthly basis
- Process monthly payroll entries
- Ownership of International Accounts Receivable invoicing, revenue recognition and collections
- Assist in the training of the rotating Accounts Receivable Co-ordinator Co-Op position
- Reconcile and confirm intercompany accounts on a monthly basis
- Oversee intercompany invoicing as completed by Co-Op position
- Accomplish tasks on time and contribute to the team by taking on special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and working towards a professional designation
- Minimum 2 year working experience in accounting required
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, and reporting requirements
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail
- Knowledge of Navision is an asset
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, multi-tasking and execution skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
What you’ll be a part of:
· Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
· Investing in your future: employee stock option purchase plan, and local defined contribution pension plans
· Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
· Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
· Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
· The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
· Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
· Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Entertainment One is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, and supporting diversity and inclusion within our work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Back to top