About Entertainment One
Secret Location, an Entertainment One company, is an Emmy® Award-winning content studio for emerging platforms. We combine cutting-edge technology with traditional storytelling to create powerful experiences. Our goal is to always find unique concepts where these different verticals intersect, creating solutions that connect with audiences and generate awesome results.
Does a career forging the future of media and storytelling excite you? Does the unknown future of VR empower the trailblazer in you? Are you proactive with an OCD-like attention to detail?
As a producer, do you dive into thorny complicated projects, slay the confusion and marshal the team to deliver above & beyond expectation? As a producer do you speak tech, finance and client with equal fluency?
If so then you might be our Producer. Secret Location wants someone who is not afraid to experiment, push outside their comfort zone and is eager to constantly learn and evolve their skill set. Our environment is filled with creative individuals with an avid interest in pushing the leading edge on new VR technology.
As Producer you’ll be responsible for driving and delivering one or more projects, working across all levels of the company to align the vision and then communicate and execute on that vision both internally and externally.
- The Producer acts as a primary point of contact, and champion of a game or project; both internally (to the team, execs and stakeholders) and externally (to partners, fans, platforms, publishers, etc.).
- The Producer communicates, collaborates, and coordinates with all teams/disciplines throughout the Toronto and US studios to ensure that issues are given visibility and that support is in place as needed.
- The Producer ensures smooth day-to-day operation, communication and documentation between departments, stakeholders and other Projects to maximize quality output and efficient use of time and resources.
- The Producer works closely with the Production Director to develop a weekly report to update management, stakeholders and decision makers on the status of current projects.
- The Producer works closely with the Production Director to proactively anticipate, identify, and troubleshoot issues and resource needs then ensure that plans are put in place and executed in a timely fashion.
- The Producer is ultimately responsible for the delivery of the project in terms of schedule, budget and fidelity (exceeding studio expectations in financial, technical and creative expectations). To do this they work closely with other team leads and are expected to guide the project efficiently and effectively while fostering strong team spirit, advocating the vision of the project and utilizing an excruciating attention to detail.
- The Producer works with the other Project Leads to plan and define all aspects (from pre-viz and look dev, to test and R&D, to launch and post launch) of a title.
- The Producer works with developers and stakeholders to create the milestone schedule; manage and coordinate detailed execution plans with internal teams and vendors; day to day developer communication; task and asset tracking; maintaining project schedules, and monitoring milestones; and ensure deliverables are exceeding the expectations and requirements.
- The Producer establishes review milestones for, and advocates for world-class output in each aspect of the project (story, game design, art, and technical fidelity) to ensure the deliverables are meeting studio expectations.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the video game industry.
- Strong personal interest in games, gaming and virtual reality.
- Strong self-motivation and initiative; finds things that need to get done and does them.
- Proven ability to deliver; you’ve shipped multiple cross-platform titles through their full cycle, on console and PC
- Excellent knowledge of and established connections with the gaming industry; studios, publishers, developers, and platforms.
- Expert knowledge of project scoping (budgets, schedules, feasibility, etc.), funding requirements & deadlines and industry standards.
- Experience working with and a solid rolodex of freelancers, suppliers and vendors.
- Expert at project management methodologies and tools.
- Expert knowledge of game technologies, toolkits and engines.
- Expert in the game development process and best practices.
- Strong analytical skills, presentation skills and communications (written and spoken) skills and be able to over-communicate to drive cross-functional teams.
- Excellent MS Office skills (especially Excel) and familiarity with Keynote, Dropbox and Google Docs.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Manager, Global Scripted Development, eOne Television
Jeff works with writers, producers, directors, and actors to find, pitch, and shape the next hit TV series by seeking out exciting ideas and shaping scripts.
Back to top