Director, Sync Licensing
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world. Entertainment One’s robust network includes film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; leading feature film production and global sales company Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production companies Renegade 83, Paperny Entertainment and Force Four Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group andLast Gang; and award-winning digital agency Secret Location.
eOne Music is seeking an LA-based Director of Sync & Licensing to utilize existing relationships with music buyers in order to seek and secure licensing opportunities in all media for the company’s collective roster of label, publishing, third-party sync, and management divisions.
- Pitch current roster of record label, publishing, third-party sync, and management divisions for licensing across all media alongside existing team
- Negotiate favorable and fair-market licensing terms
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with music buyers
- Strategize and execute marketing and outreach campaigns
- Report on sync market trends and outreach effectiveness to executive team
- Identify and recruit potential clients to expand third-party and/or publishing roster
- Liaise with clients and their representatives as well as various internal record label, publishing and management divisions
- Report to VP Creative, Music Publishing and President Worldwide Music
- Min 3-5 years similar experience at record label, publisher, third-party sync company, or management company
- Must have established network of strong working relationships with music supervisors, studio music executives, agency music producers, production staff and the general sync community
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a highly-motivated, organized, self-starter with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Must have vast knowledge of popular music across various genres, both historical and contemporary, with a broad working knowledge of the music business
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Manager, Global Scripted Development, eOne Television
Jeff works with writers, producers, directors, and actors to find, pitch, and shape the next hit TV series by seeking out exciting ideas and shaping scripts.
Back to top