Director, Sales, US
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; leading feature film production and global sales company Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production companies Renegade 83, Paperny Entertainment and Force Four Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning digital agency Secret Location.
The Company’s rights library is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 100,000 hours of film and television content and approximately 40,000 music tracks.
Global Sales is the distribution arm of Entertainment One Limited. This newly formed division will focus on monetizing both TV and Film content across PayTV, FreeTV, and SVOD platforms.
Given the evolving customer landscape, this is a critical role in the EOne Global Sales Division. In this role, you will assist the licensing of content to broadcast clients across the USTerritory evaluating market-by-market sales strategies. Tasked with proactively building strategic relationships with clients, you will play a critical role in supporting the US Sales team in effectively capitalizing on the high growth of all content sales activity.
In addition to working closely with Executive Vice President Sales AMERICAS to develop these relationships you will work closely with Marketing, Business and Legal Affairs and Operations to ensure that local deals are fully leveraged.
You will manage a small Sales Team based in the USA who are fully-dedicated to eOne content and are sales experts. Building relationships and revenue within the territory you will also support the EVP Sales AMERICAS source and develop new business relationships and clients across US.
- Deliver growth of the annual sales budget year over year
- Maximize all potential paths for content from terrestrial syndication to OTT services by applying sales strategies
- Catalogues include, but are not limited to: TV International, family and film when requested.
- Responsible for sales results on new content, library titles from the eOne catalogues as well as presales when required
- Work with head of global production on US presales of eOne produced scripted and factual content
- Attend weekly sales meetings for Film, TV, and Digital
- Liaise with regional sales directors to ensure maximum exploitation of eOne content in the territory and across regions
- Provide guidance to eOne development team on what kind of content various television outlets have an appetite for
- Work with acquisition departments in Canada, UK, US and other territories, introducing new leads and participating in the evaluation process by providing sales projections and market intelligence
- Negotiate short/long term agreements working closely with business affairs and delivery personnel
- Liaise regularly with the Finance and Acquisitions departments on budget projections for programming deals
- Help to maintain producer relations when needed, i.e. calls with producers or sales efforts in the territory
- Travel around US on a regular basis, in order to develop and build relationships with new and existing clients working within the travel budget
- Maximize all media opportunities on all titles
- Secure the best platform for the individual genre of program
- Exploit the programming portfolio to maximize its potential individually and as a whole
- Establish and maintain ‘best in industry’ reputation with broadcasters
- Provide input into overall distribution strategies including offering reliable market feedback on titles and viable commercial targets
- Attention to client needs a must
- Seek out new revenue channels with regard to eOne products and seek to exploit them to the maximum
- Provide reporting on deal negotiations, weekly and monthly reports on sales deals, target clients and market developments
- Work on annual budget and reforecasts when required
- Place eOne titles with 3rd party DVD/HE companies as needed
- Continuously monitor competitor releases and prepare commercial opinions to share at a company level and update as needed
- Propose new business opportunities to direct manager
- Work with Global Digital team and Canadian team to Negotiate and oversee the digital overall agreements in the territory
- Negotiate TV/digital windows in a way that allows eOne to exploit content in numerous ancillary windows
- Dynamic and energetic approach to work
- Extensive experience in US TV sales, including demonstrable evidence of sound sales techniques and excellent results
- Extensive understanding in the TV acquisition process and ability to consistently find and bring in new programming for international sales.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the broadcasting environment including specific market knowledge regarding genres and territories.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Numerate and able to provide clear financial reports
- Strong presentation and direct negotiation skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Highly motivated and driven to exceed targets
- Willing to travel and work flexibly
- A strong team-work ethic
- Knowledge of other languages beneficial
- Excellent communication skills imperative
- Additional languages an asset
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Production Coordinator, Television
Sofiya works with the VP of Production on anywhere from eight to ten shows at a time, choosing crews and creating budgets to move projects from development into production.
Back to top