About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; leading feature film production and global sales company Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production companies Renegade 83, Paperny Entertainment and Force Four Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group andLast Gang; and award-winning digital agency Secret Location.
Reporting to the VP, Finance, the Director, Reporting is responsible for the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resulting financial statements. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining financial and accounting policies, procedures, internal controls, and reporting, as well as key owner of the accounting systems. In conjunction with the Corporate & Projects Director, this role shall also ensure the legal and regulatory compliance for all of the division’s accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Responsible for the month end, quarter end, and year end close process for the Division, organized and structured with assigned due dates, accountabilities, and backup.
- Review consolidation and prepare the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and cash flows.
- Oversee and understand detailed consolidation process with uploading of all production companies, journal entries preparation, and foreign exchange calculations.
- Work closely with the Consolidations and Reporting Manager and others on the team to evolve from a manual to more automated consolidations process, develop reports from scratch utilizing Prophix software.
- Oversee and prepare balance sheet reconciliations and other working papers on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Research and resolve issues and any related journal entries within the month.
- Review and analyze variances in budgets, forecasts, reporting, and general accounting; deploy measures to resolve variances.
- Analyze and provide explanations for major FX fluctuations in the monthly financial reports.
- Work collaboratively with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to ensure forecasts and budgets are understood and monthly variances explained in the monthly management pack.
- Update and maintain the ‘investment in film’ (SOP 2) model.
- Review ultimate revenue estimates regularly for both eOne-produced shows and third party acquired titles.
- Review analysis of operating expenses against budget, ensuring items are properly coded and classified.
- Prepare working papers and liaise with internal and external auditors at half year and year end.
Controls & Efficiencies
- Assess and improve efficiencies within the department (day to day tasks, month end close, etc.), maintain high standards for the quality of work and customer service provided by the department, ensure key deadlines are met, produce reports and analyses that are accurate and easy to follow by intended users, etc.
- Ensure processes are constantly under review, identifying and implementing improvements in conjunction with the VP and SVP Finance, to ensure best practice.
- Ensure all processes and team member tasks are properly documented, creating a robust department from a business continuity perspective.
- Provide leadership and supervision to team members responsible for consolidated financial reporting, general accounting, analysis and reconciliation of intercompany accounts, bank reconciliations, etc.
- Work closely with treasury operations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable to understand the full picture of historical results and variances to budget and forecast.
- Learn and understand the production and distribution business, accounting entries, various entities involved, and fundamentals that affect overall financial results.
- Manage, train, and mentor team members, ensuring staff are cross-trained or trained as a backup on key activities during vacation or sick leave.
- Complete performance evaluations and set goals for direct reports; formal annual review process and 6 month follow up.
- Proactively lead any special projects and ad hoc tasks as required.
Knowledge & Experience
- Professional accounting designation (CPA-CA, CPA-CGA, or CPA-CMA) and Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressive accounting and managerial experience required.
- Strong technical accounting and consolidation skills; knowledge of accounting theory and practices, of GAAP, and IFRS.
- Experience working in a multi-currency reporting environment and familiarity with FX required.
- Film accounting and public company experience preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) and technical ability to work with accounting software systems are required. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (a.k.a. Great Plains) is a definite plus.
- Experience using Tagetik and Prophix reporting software is a definite plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Fast learner and self-starter.
- Willingness to roll up ones’ sleeves to get the job done.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Production Coordinator, eOne Television
Sofiya works with the VP of Production on anywhere from eight to ten shows at a time, choosing crews and creating budgets to move projects from development into production.
Back to top