Director of Film, Physical Production
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One (“eOne”) is a publicly-traded global entertainment company. eOne’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Based in Toronto, Canada, eOne was founded in 1973 as retail music distributor Records on Wheels. By 2003 the company had expanded into film, television and family content production and distribution. The company became a constituent of the London Stock Exchange’s FTSE 250 Index in 2013.
Entertainment One’s robust network now includes the film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, Reliance Entertainment, Alibaba Pictures and Universal Filmed Entertainment; the newly-launched MAKEREADY with Brad Weston; leading feature film production and global sales company, Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production company Renegade 83; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning digital agency, Secret Location.
With offices across North America, Latin America, the U.K., Europe, Asia and Australia, the company has an expansive global footprint of original development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of must-have entertainment content.
In this key role you will supervise overall film production needs and provide the day-to-day production and financial management for the wide range of productions that are on the eOne slate. Fantastic opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an up-and-coming company surrounded by a great team.
- Oversees the creation and implementation of production budgets.
- Key liaison between production, creative teams, and eOne.
- Implement and oversee logistics through pre-production, production, and post production.
- Tracks crew and vendor costs.
- Oversees Call sheets, Production Reports, Deal Memos, Work Authorizations, Rental Agreements and various other Production related elements.
- Facilitate approvals, materials, and miscellaneous needs among various departments in coordination with producers and eOne.
- Approve and reference key crew for assigned productions.
- Must have knowledge of film production accounting principles and all aspects of physical production.
- Knowledge of Movie Magic Budgeting and scheduling
- Well organized, with strict attention to detail
- Outstanding analytic, organizational, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
- A great deal of initiative and ability to work well under pressure.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast pace, high growth, entrepreneurial environment.
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Entertainment One is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, and supporting diversity and inclusion within our work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Back to top