Director, Licensing Hardlines - China
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s Family & Brands Division is an exciting, fast growing entertainment company that specialises in the development, production, distribution and brand management of kid’s TV content. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig and superhero hit PJ Masks. Alongside these popular television properties, eOne Family & Brands’ portfolio also boasts acclaimed kids content including Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom, Winston Steinburger and Sir Dudley Ding Dong and Cupcake & Dino: General Services.
Entertainment One’s Family & Brands Division is now gearing up for the launch of its newest property, Ricky Zoom, a brand new animated pre-school TV series from the producers of PJ Masks.
Entertainment One’s Family and Brands has close to 200 employees based in London, New York, Toronto, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Sao Paolo. It is part of the wider Entertainment One Group, a leading international entertainment company with film, TV and music operations across the world. The Entertainment One Group has over 1,300 employees worldwide, with offices in LA, Toronto, London, New York, Madrid, Amsterdam and Sydney
Reporting directly to the VP, Licensing - China, you will oversee the development and management of licensed/retail sales across all hardlines categories (including toys, stationary and publishing) for our Family brands.
- Direct management of Hardlines licensing programme for the Chinese market including regular business reviews, range planning & development, ensuring everything is in-line with overarching company brand strategies
- Negotiating and securing new licensing and licensed promotions partners, and managing all other Hardlines deals (renewals, amendments, extensions) effectively and efficiently through to deal completion
- Work with senior management team on business forecasting and budget analysis, providing detailed bi-annual forecasts and supporting commentary across Hardlines and monitoring regularly to ensure revenue targets are met/exceeded.
- Building solid relationships with category specific buyers, through regular dialogue/meetings with all relevant buyers and licensing teams, ensuring brands are sold in at all levels, across all categories and retailers needs are met
- Working closely with the Product Development team and licensees to drive the development of compelling product
- Working closely with the Retail team to develop, present and implement sales driving retail marketing initiatives aimed at maximising brand and retail exposure
- Proactively collaborate and communicate routinely and effectively with the wider eOne Family & Brands departments (Brand, Marketing, International Licensing, Content Sales, Legal, Finance)
- Build, manage and mentor a high-performing team to meet evolving organizational needs.
- Significant experience within licensing (in particular Hardlines) and brand management
- Proven ability to develop strong and effective working relationships with licensees and buyers
- Excellent commercial acumen with strong negotiating skills
- Previous management experience required
- Excellent time management, organisational skills and ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Fluent in both English and Chinese
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. To be considered for this position you must provide evidence that you/be able to demonstrate that you have the right to work in China.
Back to top