Director, Financial Reporting, LA Film
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes international feature film distribution company Sierra/Affinity; Amblin Partners with DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; Makeready with Brad Weston; unscripted television production companies Whizz Kid Entertainment and Renegade 83; live entertainment leaders Round Room Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang.
The Company's rights library, valued at US$2.0 billion (as at 31 March 2018), is exploited across all media formats and includes about 80,000 hours of film and television content and approximately 40,000 music tracks; innovative music platform Audio Network; and award-winning emerging content and technology studio Secret Location.
As Director, Financial Reporting, LA film, you will have overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of revenue recognition, accounting, and analysis for the film production and sales business for the LA film business units.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for the analysis and review of key contract provisions of Film Production agreements and distribution licensing agreements to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Oversight of key GL reconciliations in multiple ERP systems to commercial systems required for upcoming system consolidation and conversion.
- Responsible for revenue recognition, accounting, analysis, balance sheet reconciliation and related foreign exchange transactions in support of both monthly, quarterly and annual closes.
- Analyze financial results for the revenue stream against prior plan/forecasts including variance analysis for management reporting working closely with the corresponding FP&A team members.
- Implementation of proper procedures controls for the business stream and insurance that revenue recognition guidelines are met.
- 10 years’ experience of senior Financial Reporting & Corporate Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Finance, Accounting or related field is preferred and required
- CPA or equivalent is required, with 6 plus years of PQE
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, and drive to meet organizational and departmental objectives
- Ability to create and build strong working relationships across divisions and functions
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and possess ability to navigate and use other web-based systems as necessary Expert level Excel skills required
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and with tight and multiple deadlines
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, delivers and follow instructions, and possess an attention to detail and ability to work accurately.
What you’ll be a part of:
· Taking care: health and dental coverage
· Investing in your future: employee stock option purchase plan, and local defined contribution pension plans
· Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
· Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
· Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
· The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
· Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
· Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Entertainment One is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, and supporting diversity and inclusion within our work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Back to top