Director, Digital Marketing, Music
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes international feature film distribution company Sierra/Affinity; Amblin Partners with DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; Makeready with Brad Weston; unscripted television production companies Whizz Kid Entertainment and Renegade 83; live entertainment leaders Round Room Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang.
The Company's rights library, valued at US$2.0 billion (as at 31 March 2018), is exploited across all media formats and includes about 80,000 hours of film and television content and approximately 40,000 music tracks; innovative music platform Audio Network; and award-winning emerging content and technology studio Secret Location.
eOne Music is looking for a Director of Digital Marketing to serve as a member of the in-house Urban label to oversee and direct aspects of day-to-day digital management. Responsible for creating and executing digital marketing and promotional plans across all areas of online including portals and distribution partners, artist websites, social media, new technology, CRM, SEM/SEO, third party lifestyle, and e-commerce. Responsible for nurturing and leveraging relationships with the artists and their management teams. Required to set goals and manage campaigns in an effort to optimize reach and revenue. Responsible for managing and interpreting departmental reports and partner data.
• Develop digital marketing timelines & campaign strategies to successfully grow music streams, downloads, video views, social media engagement, and an overall digital creative vision for superstar, established and emerging artists on Island and its associated labels
• Construct & maintain engaged fan communities and build email marketing lists, while measuring results effectively & identifying points that need improvement or adjustment
• Provide ideas & strategy for online contesting & sweepstakes, partnerships with social media organizations, and new online content that is optimized for all distribution networks & delivers on identified goals.
• Assist with the creation, build, and editing of online properties where applicable (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and other sites appropriate to artists and label)
• Work with in-house & third-party content creators to conceptualize & complete lyric videos, portraits & live photos, 3D animations, snackable content for social media, etc. (identifying new creators and influencers on an on-going basis)
• Conceive, budget, and effectively execute digital paid media campaigns with Project Manager and Media Planners/Buyers
• Prepare & analyze marketing summaries across all online properties, to Project Manager and others as needed; ensure audience development and growth with measurable positive online engagement
• Direct and manage relations with independent marketing companies, where applicable
• Compile editorial calendars for content management purposes across online properties
• Passionate, kind, and extremely creative. You are an organized critical thinker who works well in a team environment under pressure, on short deadlines and across multiple active artist campaigns.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Full understanding of urban music landscape, with connections and proven track record for working with artists in all stages of their career.
• Knowledge of Spotify for Artists, Chart Metrics, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, photo editing, basic HTML, and CRM tactics a plus.
• Existing relationships with DSPs existing contacts at digital platforms, brand relationships a plus.
• Advanced level of artist relations and/or third-party distribution experience in a consumer-focused environment
Knowledge & Experience
• 5 years minimum experience in digital marketing
• Bachelor’s degree Preferred or equivalent experience.
• Experience strategizing and executing digital marketing campaigns, as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you've worked on).
• Strong existing relationships with online partners, especially Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Giphy , Tenor, Shazam, Musical.ly, Tumblr, TikTok etc.
• Strong experience and knowledge in digital paid media strategy, planning, execution and analysis.
• Experience in creating engaging and impactful visual content across multiple formats and distribution channels.
• Experience securing online coverage and features with key platforms.
• Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, build a fan base, etc.
• Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies
• Experience with cross-promotional marketing and branding
• Experience with influencer marketing strategy
• Candidates should be creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
• Build and manage artist budgets to support online marketing
• Experience in Urban Marketing preferred
What you’ll be a part of:
· Taking care: health and dental coverage
· Investing in your future: employee stock option purchase plan, and local defined contribution pension plans
· Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
· Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
· Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
· The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
· Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
· Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Entertainment One is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, and supporting diversity and inclusion within our work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Back to top