Director, Corporate Development
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a leading international entertainment company that specializes in the acquisition, production and distribution of film and television content. The company’s comprehensive network extends around the globe including Canada, the U.S., the UK, Ireland, Spain, Benelux, France, Germany, Scandinavia, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and South Korea. Through established Film and Television divisions, the company provides extensive expertise in film distribution, television and music production, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Its current rights library is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 40,000 film and television titles, 4,500 hours of television programming and 45,000 music tracks.
This is an exciting new role within our newly formed Corporate Development Team. Working directly with the EVP, Corporate Development the successful candidate will work across all verticals in order to assist Entertainment One achieve its growth target of doubling in size over the next 5 years. The role is responsible for researching, identifying, formulating and modelling and evaluating potential strategic investment opportunities (including Mergers, Acquisitions, Alliances and Strategic Partnerships) for Entertainment One. In conjunction with the EVP, Corporate Development this individual will participate at all stages of strategic transactions; negotiation, documentation, due diligence and post transaction integration.
- Producing industry research to highlight growth opportunities within eOne’s business verticals or expansion into new verticals
- Maintain a pipeline of strategic investment targets
- Ongoing competitive intelligence gathering
- Creating valuation scenarios, risk assessments, investment conclusions, related presentations for Board review process
- Evaluating and prioritizing investment opportunities through analysis of market potential, customer needs, strategic fit, competitive landscape, and financial attractiveness; preparing and presenting compelling business cases as required
- Act as project manager through all stages of strategic transactions, including; research, engagement, negotiation, closing and reporting
- Developing an internal Corporate Development methodology and process for future transactions and incorporating learnings from past transactions
- Identify critical milestones and oversee cross functional due diligence and integration teams to ensure transition is seamless
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business management or business related field is required, MBA (Finance) or CPA/CA or CFA preferred
- 8+ years combined experience with senior level financial analysis, financial modelling, corporate development, private equity, venture capital, investment banking, competitive intelligence, financial consulting
- Experience handling M&A transactions is required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience in interacting with C-level executives
- Excellent networking, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Self-driven, capable of working independently and in a team setting
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to lead financial reviews
- Experience working in a global company is an asset
- Experience in the Entertainment/Media industry is an asset
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Production Coordinator, Television
Sofiya works with the VP of Production on anywhere from eight to ten shows at a time, choosing crews and creating budgets to move projects from development into production.
Back to top