Director, Corporate Development
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One (“eOne”) is a publicly-traded global entertainment company. eOne’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Based in Toronto, Canada, eOne was founded in 1973 as retail music distributor Records on Wheels. By 2003 the company had expanded into film, television and family content production and distribution. The company became a constituent of the London Stock Exchange’s FTSE 250 Index in 2013.
Entertainment One’s robust network now includes the film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, Reliance Entertainment, Alibaba Pictures and Universal Filmed Entertainment; the newly-launched MAKEREADY with Brad Weston; leading feature film production and global sales company, Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production company Renegade 83; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; and award-winning digital agency, Secret Location.
With offices across North America, Latin America, the U.K., Europe, Asia and Australia, the company has an expansive global footprint of original development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of must-have entertainment content.
Role: Director, Corporate Development
Reports to: SVP, Corporate Development & Strategy
This is an exciting new role within our Corporate Development Team reporting to the SVP, Corporate Development & Strategy, the successful candidate will partner with business units to create inorganic growth opportunities that align with strategic priorities. The role is responsible for researching, identifying, formulating and modelling and evaluating potential strategic investment opportunities (including Mergers, Acquisitions, Alliances and Strategic Partnerships) for Entertainment One. In support of the SVP, Corporate Development & Strategy this individual will participate at all stages of strategic transactions; research, analysis, documentation, due diligence and post transaction integration.
- Creating valuation scenarios, risk assessments, investment conclusions, related presentations for Board review process Producing industry research to highlight growth opportunities within eOne’s business verticals or expansion into new verticals
- Maintain a pipeline of strategic investment targets
- Act as project manager through all stages of strategic transactions, including; research, engagement, and reporting
- Ongoing competitive intelligence gathering
- Evaluating and prioritizing investment opportunities through analysis of market potential, customer needs, strategic fit, competitive landscape, and financial attractiveness; preparing and presenting compelling business cases as required
- Support the evolution of Corporate Development operations; methodology and process for future transactions and incorporating learnings from past transactions
- Identify critical milestones and oversee cross functional due diligence and integration teams to ensure transition is seamless
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business management or business-related field is required, MBA (Finance) or CPA/CA or CFA preferred
- 3-5 years combined experience with senior level financial analysis, financial modelling, corporate development, private equity, venture capital, investment banking, competitive intelligence, financial consulting
- Experience handling M&A transactions is required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience in interacting with C-level executives
- Excellent networking, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Self-driven, capable of working independently and in a team setting
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to lead financial reviews
- Experience working in a global company is an asset
- Experience in the Entertainment/Media industry is an asset
What you’ll be a part of:
· Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
· Investing in your future: employee stock option purchase plan, and local defined contribution pension plans
· Break time: free snacks, winter holiday office closures, reduced hours in summer
· Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
· Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
· The office: modern facilities, in house screening rooms, more snacks, and swag
· Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
· Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Entertainment One is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, and supporting diversity and inclusion within our work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Production Coordinator, Television
Sofiya works with the VP of Production on anywhere from eight to ten shows at a time, choosing crews and creating budgets to move projects from development into production.
Back to top