Creative Executive, Digital, The Mark Gordon Company
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; leading feature film production and global sales company Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production companiesRenegade 83, Paperny Entertainment and Force Four Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group andLast Gang; and award-winning digital agency Secret Location
The Mark Gordon Company is seeking a Creative Executive who will be responsible for identifying, developing, and producing premium content for digitally native audiences in a variety of genres and formats including full length film and series as well as shorter form programming. The candidate will have a passion for the digital space, an excitement about shifting business and distribution models, and a desire to engage creatively on both series and feature formats. The candidate will have relationships with literary and talent agents, experience giving notes and developing material, and a knowledge of current television and film writers and directors as well as digitally native talent. Knowledge of emerging distribution platforms (including SVOD, TVOD, and direct-to-consumer EST) is helpful. This role will report to the Head of Digital.
- Create, pitch, and develop original show ideas for digital media platforms
- Solicit and review pitches and scripts from agencies, production companies, producers, and/or talent
- Develop and point projects from inception through release
- Meet with new writers, directors and talent on a regular basis
- Draft thoughtful notes on all aspects of creative projects from pitch through delivery
- Build and maintain a deep Rolodex of contacts, and have established relationships with key players in the film, television, and digital industry
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience as a Development Executive at a studio, network, MCN, or production company
- Self-motivated, quick-thinking, a creative problem solver with strong interpersonal skills and the ability and drive to work well both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of the formats, trends, and competitive landscape in the digital space
- Strong project management skills and the proven ability to be adaptive and effective in a quickly changing, fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Production Coordinator, eOne Television
Sofiya works with the VP of Production on anywhere from eight to ten shows at a time, choosing crews and creating budgets to move projects from development into production.
Back to top