Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs, The Mark Gordon Company
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO) is a global independent studio that specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. The Company’s diversified expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales, family programming, merchandising and licensing, and digital content. Through its global reach and expansive scale, powered by deep local market knowledge, the Company delivers the best content to the world.
Entertainment One’s robust network includes film and television studio The Mark Gordon Company; content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; leading feature film production and global sales company Sierra Pictures; unscripted television production companiesRenegade 83, Paperny Entertainment and Force Four Entertainment; world-class music labels Dualtone Music Group andLast Gang; and award-winning digital agency Secret Location.
The Company’s rights library is exploited across all media formats and includes more than 100,000 hours of film and television content and approximately 40,000 music tracks.
As a member of the Business & Legal Affairs team, this role will report to the VP and will be responsible for administrative assistance to the department as required.
- Handles all administrative support to the VP & legal department; including but not limited to filing, database management, scheduling, photocopying, faxing, expense reports and invoice processing
- Coordinates conference calls requested by and involving executives
- Attends meetings on request by team to take action notes and follow-up on action items
- Organizes catering needs for meetings or other events hosted by the department and/or other departments within the company
- Coordinates execution of legal documentation, tracks status of third party signatures and liaises with other departments to ensure all paperwork is executed, filed and updated on all internal systems
- Various special projects and other duties as assigned
- Experience working as a Legal or Administrative Assistant in an entertainment environment
- Post Secondary education in an Administration program
- Sound judgment and initiative, and can work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization direction with good attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment
- Proven ability to manage confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and tact
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows XP, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point would be considered an asset
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Meet Some of Entertainment One's Employees
Manager, Global Scripted Development, eOne Television
Jeff works with writers, producers, directors, and actors to find, pitch, and shape the next hit TV series by seeking out exciting ideas and shaping scripts.
Back to top