You will be part of a team responsible for the development and support of applications used to rent cars for Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo, and National Car Rental. You will work closely with many different UI teams and API teams across the larger rental departments. It is a very exciting time to be a part of this area as we have recently adopted an API first strategy, Cloud strategy, and unified rental architecture in designing our next generation rental applications.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for resolving production issues, implementing enhancement changes, monitoring product health, and designing initiatives planned to continue to evolve our rental systems services and applications. You will support the development of new clients and enable our business to grow through the implementation of new capabilities.As a member of this area, you will work with technical leadership to develop and modify many different elements of technology. You will be expected to represent your team in a positive manner both within and outside of your department. You will collaborate with other engineers and architects to provide recommendations for implementing new solutions and business capabilities, ensuring security standards are met. You will be responsible for ensuring your tasks are completed and deadlines are met. You will also be required to meet key performance metrics to ensure compliance of established standards, processes, and procedures. You must be able to work in a fast paced, production environment with the ability to handle multiple tasks.
This team works in a fun, collaborative virtual environment and is responsible for high-priority efforts. We are looking for a self-starter that is motivated to solve problems and implement technical solutions.
- Implement software engineering solutions to meet requirements and architectural direction.
- Code and successfully perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution, as well as compliance to the business and technical requirements
- Resolve problems that arise with production applications in a timely manner to ensure the efficient and proper functioning of application components
- Participate in acceptance testing to ensure client/user needs are met
- Migrate applications to quality assurance and/or the production environment, or perform quality assurance as necessary
- Work with Managers and team members to meet development standards
- Participate in design conversations, asking questions and providing input
- Support of on-call rotations and production problem trouble shooting