Lead Architect (Mobility)
We have an exciting opportunity within the Mobility Engineering team for a Lead Architect who will help lead the delivery of EHI's mobile strategies. As a Lead Architect you will be responsible for understanding and translating business requirements to architectural blueprints that align with our overall technology vision. You must use your broad technical knowledge to lead solution design and serve as a subject matter expert in more than one area of responsibility. You will participate in defining, developing, and implementing standards, processes and procedures for the team. You will be asked to stay current in emerging technology trends and be willing to move past old technology when appropriate. As a Lead Architect, you will guard the organization from technological pitfalls by applying expertise to differentiate high impact from low-value or fad trends in design. You will be also provide mentorship and guidance to less senior team members which will aid in their development.
The Mobility Engineering team is responsible for the discovery, development, and delivery of the tools and controls that enable our end users to perform their jobs across our multi-brand rental market, with a specific focus on mobile technology platforms. This includes working with both internal and external customers to provide solutions. Additionally, this team is responsible for adherence and integration of existing products and standards. These solutions provide our rental employees the ability to engage with our customers away from the traditional counter environment, and enhance the overall business process and customer experience.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Set/drive technical architecture for deploying, upgrading, and expanding EMM platforms to build upon and expand EHI's existing deployment as well as future strategies. This includes mobile app management, mobile device management, and other aspects of an EMM.
- Lead security efforts for mobile devices including solutions such as VPNs, containers, application wrapping, etc.
- Lead operational efficiencies efforts including automation of routine tasks and testing where applicable
- Identify technical debt and risks within our current environment
- Educate IT team members on basic and advanced OS and EMM features and best practices
- Work closely with various mobile device and EMM companies to keep a pulse of new solutions and trends in the mobile space
- Identify and evaluate mobile technologies/solutions; analyzing trade-offs, IE maturity, performance, schedule, and cost
- Collaborate with peers and leadership to negotiate and influence strategic roadmaps for our mobile solutions
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
Meet Some of Enterprise Holdings's Employees
Area Car Sales Manager
Greg oversees an Enterprise Car Sales branch. He provides a balance of sales, training, and customer service management—and guides his team to meet their goals.
Back to top