Lead Architect - Digital Workspace
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our more than 2,000 innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands - which includes Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers' expectations.
The Architecture and Design team is responsible for defining the future-state direction that will transform our technology strategies, platforms, and systems for the for Digital Workspace. Areas of focus include Mobility and End User Computing, with a smaller emphasis on Collaboration and Cloud Tools. This includes creating the architecture, strategy and roadmap of our end user technologies. This highly impactful team collaborates with product management, Security, Vendors and Partners, and Executive Leadership to establish and harness the vision for our employee experience. This team will continue to play a key role in ensuring the availability, efficiency and optimization of our systems and solutions. We are currently seeking a Lead Architect to join the Architecture and Design team and focus on the transformation of End User & Digital Workspace Technology Solutions. This is a new team for EHI IT charged with leading a proactive strategy aligned with the ever-changing needs of our growing business.
As a Lead Architect you will analyze, influence, and translate business requirements into architectural blueprints that align with our overall technology vision. You may also be asked to contribute to the global architecture strategies. You will use your technical knowledge to define architecture that meets short and long-term requirements. Lead Architects also create technical roadmaps and solutions in alignment with the organization's long-range technology vision . They contribute to the development of strategic planning for the department and are able to effectively communicate a clear, concise strategic vision. You must understand technological requirements necessary to design solutions as well as the team's capability of accommodating those requirements. As a Lead Architect, you will guard the organization from technological pitfalls by applying expertise to differentiate high impact from low-value or fad trends in design. You must collaborate with Engineers and provide guidance and oversight across multiple disciplines and solutions to ensure that the technologies are secure, interoperate, connect appropriately and support the company vision and strategy. You will also actively coach, mentor and teach others, using influence, expertise and leadership to support other teams as they implement solutions.
To be successful in this role, you will need to influence and partner with other technologist and leaders. You will need to foster relationships with engineers and architects to ensure we are developing cohesive and comprehensive solutions. In this role you will focus on modern desktop management, collaboration, productivity, authentication solutions in support of an end user workspace transformation. If you have a desire to design and architect innovative end user solutions for a dynamic global company, this is the role for you! Apply today.
- Participate in architecture reviews and or audits of Digital Workspace, End User Technology, and Collaboration solutions and as a member of the global Enterprise Architect community.
- Define and maintain documentation of reference architecture and technology standards, processes, and policies related to core solutions.
- Effectively integrate solutions into the existing infrastructure.
- Define and document target architectures, anticipating growth and scalability.
- Use KPIs and effectiveness metrics to improve processes; bridge different areas of the infrastructure.
- Work closely between infrastructure and engineering teams to understand broad IT solution needs.
- Assess emerging technologies relevant to global, regional, and local business needs.
- Ensure disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Anticipate skill and resource needs and effectively build plans to balance these across multiple teams.
- Develop innovative approaches/solutions to complex design problems while meeting aggressive deadlines with attention to detail.
- Protect customers, employees, and brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follows security policies and procedures; continuously identifies and recommends opportunities for improving security.
- Listens to and evaluates business needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with business expectations; Identifies opportunities for improvement; ensures others are aligned with business expectations.
- Commitment to cost controls and effective measure to reduce
- Help establish business case and articulate business value through storytelling and alignment with the broader IT vision
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 8 or more years of related experience
- Professional experience identifying and gathering solution needs; performing risk analysis, defining architecture; acting and driving key stakeholder acceptance
- Experience defining architectural considerations and collaborating with Engineers on the direction for the development of solutions or enhancements
- Ability to communicate at all levels, build and foster relationships, including coaching and mentoring other architects, engineers, and business leaders
- Knowledge of the trends in workspace transformation, collaboration, and emerging end user technologies in the industry - providers and design best practices, with a security-minded approach
- Must be an advocate for the user and committed to designing user-centric solutions
- Proven ability to operate in a highly autonomous fashion, repeatedly exercises exceptional, independent judgment; balances strategic against tactical planning
- Experience developing, documenting and maintaining architectural blueprints
- Must possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to effectively defend ideas and solutions; produce business relevant presentations, convey complex information in a manner that is easily understood and actionable to both non-technical and technical leaders
- Must demonstrate flexibility and agility related to critical thinking and making decisions with complex considerations as it relates to business implications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Proficiency and experience working with several of the technologies listed below:
- Unified Management tools, including, but not limited to: Mobility, EUC, and Collaboration
- Windows OS
- macOS, iOS, Android
- Microsoft Azure
- Office 365
- Enterprise mobility management solutions (Microsoft Intune, VMWare Workspace One or SOTI)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure principals (Citrix, VMWare, or Microsoft)
- Collaboration Tools such as Microsoft Teams
- Experience leading / guiding others through transformational architect changes
- Stay up to date on industry trends, products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities in end user computing / digital workspace / modern desktop / mobility
- Security principals
- Networking principals
Back to top